Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

newly single. sadly.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't really got any friends, and now my boyfriend has fucked off out of my life too. The last time this happened, I went a bit mental. I dropped out of University, was put on antidepressants, started counselling, then moved abroad a bit, now I'm back, I start seeing someone else, I have no degree, I work 12 hours a week stacking shelves, then, 3 months on, BAM - 'I'm not ready, this isn't working..'

I don't know what my point is. I'm terrified to spend another unspecified period of time on my own, not being able to sleep, just crying a lot, sending text messages that are never answered.

I'm not sure I can stand to go it alone again. I'd have killed myself long before now if I had the spine.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's the problem if you depend on people so much as if they were you oxygen, I guess. First, do the basic "to get over someone" things, like going out a lot, be in company, try to pick up old, dusty friendships, then you should start to get your life in order. Why not going back to uni for your degree? I don't think stacking shelves is the ultimate goal of your life.

As soon as a new man comes into your life, try to still have a separate life on your own and don't depend too much on him, as this can very easily be the grounds for the break-up (clinginess, etc.) and fucks you up big time when the relationship breaks apart. Break-ups are things everyone has to deal with and some clearly do it better than others. I don't think you do it particularly bad because of your genes or some other stuff. It's learned behavior and a bad one to boot.

So, buckle up and go on with your life, it might be a hard phase, but dwelling over those things has never improved the mood or brought answers for your question...
    I am planning on going back to Uni, but that's a good year away and I'm not sure how I'll kill time in between.. I would pick up old friendships, but sadly everyone's in different parts of the country, doing their important, busy degrees, and it's pretty difficult to get hold of them..

I don't know if things really are so difficult or I'm just making up excuses. I don't know.
    Whereabouts in the West Mids are you? Find some local TheSiters to have some drinks with :).

Or, just do the only real sane thing - buy a motorbike. You'll never need friends again ;).
    Clicky, I'm in the same town as you. Sunny Stafford!

P.S. Not allowed to drive as my vision is 6 feet tops, and that is with a -26 lens.
    Aye, there's more than just us. Nikki was in Stafford too, as well as her mate. Can't remember her name now...

I'm up in Wildwood. Feeling quite chilly tonight. :)
    I have been thinking about getting my motorbike licence actually, but have no motorbike.. I live in that elusive bit of the Midlands between Dudley and Kidderminster.
    oh what's the point..
    There are usually thesite meets in the midlands arnt there? Not that i ever went when i was up in brum, but ive always wanted to go...
    Thesite live chats are really good..i think its great to talk bout random stuff on there...
    I think the motorbike thing sounds fun, and gets you out and about and focused on doing something :-)
    oh what's the point..

Motorbike licenses are BRILLIANT! I'm taking mine out for the day tomorrow to see my bestest friend in Wrexham... I'm ashamed to admit I've not seen him for a year.

Keep smiling :).
    trying.. failing..

even if i did get my licence, what's the point? I don't really see the point in anything, to be honest.
    Don't see spilitting up from your boyfriend as being a bad thing, see it as a new beginning.