Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Beta testing...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That might just be windows Safari :)

Mac safari has no problems :)
    CoolMe wrote: »
    That might just be windows Safari :)

Mac safari has no problems :)
    Looks like you are right, it has problem on windows version of safari.
    Okay dokey peeps - all the colour schemes should now be available within the new community style - they are the ones at the top of the lists.

Also I'm going to change the default style for guests and new users - if yours changes (don't think it should) and you want to go back to the old style it's 'Ruby Red'
    Jim V wrote: »
    Okay dokey peeps - all the colour schemes should now be available within the new community style - they are the ones at the top of the lists.

Also I'm going to change the default style for guests and new users - if yours changes (don't think it should) and you want to go back to the old style it's 'Ruby Red'

All this stuff at the side of the page is slightly annoying, though it's something you'd probably get used to.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    How things have changed sice the 2001 blue and white colour scheme with stars instead of avatars.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I know.

Wish we could roll back :(
    Change is the enemy of complacency people.

I think it looks good.
    And for all those happy with their complacency you should feel free to change to the previous style :)

Skive - If you want Blue and white I could have a pop at doing it if you could find the way it looked from waybackmachine or something similar. Don't think stars will be back but blue and white doesn't sound like a terrible colour scheme... My head still hurts from acidentially looking at the clubbing colours this morning... :grump:
    By the way - at the moment I'm paraphrasing a quote from 1983 on the About Us homepage - anyone got anything they'd like to say about TheSite that we could use there, or save up for the future.

http://195.194.49.7/about_us

(Oh and for those really curious about the changes and decisions we've made we'll be posting some project documents and bits of pieces on the blog for the huge redesign to come in the next year or two - changethesite)
    Don't think stars will be back

Whats the point then :grump: :grump: :grump: :p
    I remember when the boards changed appearance (years ago) and everybody was complaining about how bad and terrible it was. How the world was going to end, but a comparative 5 minutes later, everybody shut up and got on with it.

Kinda reminds me of all this bollocks with facebook.
    I see change and I like :)

Oh and shut up ya moaning James :razz:
    Skive - If you want Blue and white I could have a pop at doing it if you could find the way it looked from waybackmachine or something similar. Don't think stars will be back but blue and white doesn't sound like a terrible colour scheme... My head still hurts from acidentially looking at the clubbing colours this morning... :grump:

It wan't that great to be honest.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20010117033300/www.thesite.org/cgi-noperl/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Drugs&number=8&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=
    Just nostalgic.
    Weekender Offender 
    g_angel wrote: »
    :yuck:

You know nothing newbie. You come along thinking you know what TheSite's all about, well I got news for you mush, you don't.
    It's not about flashy design, it's about the people, the posters, and what they write and it's about stars like what JsT has. Back then it was good, it was the best.

Loser.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    You know nothing newbie. You come along thinking you know what TheSite's all about, well I got news for you mush, you don't.
    It's not about flashy design, it's about the people, the posters, and what they write and it's about stars like what JsT has. Back then it was good, it was the best.

Loser.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D
    Skive wrote: »

Loser.
    If your gonna call g_angel a Newbie does that mean I can call you a newbie ;)
    Calm down, calm down

_38356825_scouser150.jpg

Nostalgia it may be man - but just for you I'm going to make that colour scheme over the weekend and call it Skiver :)
    JsT wrote: »
    If your gonna call g_angel a Newbie does that mean I can call you a newbie ;)

No. I remember the stars.
    Anyway you havn't been here for all that time. You vanished for a long time at one point.
    Jim wrote:
    Nostalgia it may be man - but just for you I'm going to make that colour scheme over the weekend and call it Skiver

That would be cool.

Just been browsint all the new stuff. Looks good.
    Weekender Offender 
    It wasn't that long I don't think!

Besides, we are old school so we shouldn't be arguing :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Is it me or did the traditional ruby red change too? The top bars of stuff look shiny.
    A lot of the skins have gained it for some reason, it looks good though.
    What can I say, I got drunk and lost my glasses on Friday - so after a weekend of squinting at the boards and having my eyes bleed as I fixed articles I had to do something to make them look a little nicer :p

Bit delayed but I reckon I can have a go at the skiver colour scheme tomorrow :)
    Bit delayed but I reckon I can have a go at the skiver colour scheme tomorrow :)

I havn't forgotten bout this.
    I somehow won post of the week last week and instead of a toy octopus or a wrist band (both of which I already have), would love to see this scheme.

Cheers Jim. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
    Okay dokey man, because you asked so nicely and I am sorry it's taken so long for me to get to it - go select 'Skiver' for your style...

It's rough, tried a gradient to help with the amount of dark blue at the top, and I'm on holiday till Wednesday so can't change buttons (no ftp access from here).

But... I reckon it's a pretty nice starting point. Just let me know what you'd change :)
    Oh and if anyone else has any suggestions for other colour schemes, or especially if they want to help out making buttons and icons just let me know here. Can't promise anything'll get done fast, but the wheels will turn eventually :)

Hmm - can't decide if in a thread the light blue should be the colour for the user rather than the post... mind you that would alter the main navigation pages...
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt!
    And you should now have at the very bottom of the style list something called

'plain ol' skiver' - a version with expandable width and a stripped down nav bar
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If it's not too much work: Could there be a wide version of Blink 2.0? The listbox problem is solved there, as opposed to the old blink. :)