Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Messenger pet hate

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Just a tiny rant...

You know how in most modern messengers (msn, yahoo, everything) it shows you on the window when the other person is typing, right?
Well, sometimes if I want to say something that takes a lot of text, I send it in multiple messages. Once I send one, I start typing the next.
And there are some people who reply to the first one, when it should be obvious that I'm not done talking.
It really annoys me, I see it as being the same as interrupting me while I speak.

When there's more than 2 people in a chat it doesn't bother me as much (since they might be replying to someone else and not me).

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to get out more :D
    when i do that i tend to put "......." after what i am writing, that way they know that something else is coming

if they dont know what you are on about, then how are they to know you aint finished?
    who gives a fuck lol

its annoying when you see that someones writing a message and then they stop (generally someone pressing a key accidently and it coming up as them typing a message)

or when you go to type and realise the other person started typing, so you stop typing.. but then they end up doin the same!
    Calvin wrote: »
    You need to get out more :D

Well said young sir.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Littleali wrote: »
    if they dont know what you are on about, then how are they to know you aint finished?
    From the fact that I'm still typing.
    I use the browser-based one on Google, which also has the typing notification. It doesn't bother me.

What really does hack me off as a workshop engineer is having customers' PCs back, switching them on, only to find that their MSN messenger logs in automatically and I start getting IMs left right and centre. If it happens, I just log MSN out and untick the boxes that remembers the password.
    From the fact that I'm still typing.

How pedantic does one need to be. You could have started typign about soemthing else for all they know.