Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
RIGHT i'm not quite sure where to put this as its coursework but its also music(which i love) so idk whether i should be here or in student:confused:

any way
I want to know how i should go about writning a drum and bass song, we have to compose around a 3min song thats in the genre thats our fav atm
and obviously mine is dnb, can't enough, I want my song to be like subfocus(time warp) and pendulm, i don't want it to be exactly like them i just want influences, any way i just want to know how i should go about it,
should i do the drum track 1st or the main melody etc?

Any help would be great
Thanks

PS when i've done it i'll put it up for all to see
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xsazx wrote: »
    melody, then add drum beat

When at college, I ways did it the other way round as the beat/bass are the backbone of almost any song.
    when recording, we (as a band) ALWAYS did it Drums then Bass then Guitars then Vox. but that's for a 4 piece rock band.
    okay
    from listening to so much DnB today, i reckon it would be probaly best do to the bass line first then the drums and then melody or melody then drums