Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Outlook sending email multiple times

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know why this might be happening? At work I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, and recently when I've been emailing my boyfriend at work he keeps getting all my emails loads of times (sometimes up to 10). It doesn't seem to be happening with anyone else. I'm reluctant to tell our IT dept as they might end up seeing how much I've been emailing him :blush: which wouldn't be good. I've done some research on the net and some people seem to think it could be to do with the virus scanning sortware on my PC but I can't do much about that if it is, as it's a work programme. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Can you not use web based email to send him personal messages? like hotmail or gmail? that way you can keep work and personal seperate and if there was a problem on your work e-mail u'd be able to report it?
  • Options
    If Outlook is able to send emails, I couldn't see why the AV would be causing it to send out multiple emails. You should use an external web email too, or just still use Gmail or something but on a seperate profile. Just incase you send an email that's supposed to go to your boyfriend, and you accidently send it to your work mates.
  • Options
    maybe it's him. does anyone else complain bout your emails?
  • Options
    I forgot I posted this, thanks for the replies guys. No, nobody else has been getting loads of emails from me, just him - however I changed a couple of the settings on my anti-virus yesterday then sent him a few test messages and it seemed to have sorted it (could have been coincidence though I guess). You're right though, I probably should use something else to email him, but we're not meant to access things like Hotmail etc on our work PCs (having checked just now, they're not restricted, but strictly it's not allowed). Guess I'll just have to hope the problem's fixed for now.
    Thanks again for your help :thumb: