Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Virgin Media tried to call me

Virgin tried to contact me today but got my parents on my home number. Mum therefore passed my mobile number on. I don't mind - it's probably a promtional call or a survey type thing, as I've recently had a similar call from AOL. AOL and Virgin are both my ISPs. I guess if it's important, they will try contacting me again tomorrow on my mobile. Normally though, don't they send you a letter if you are in breech of the service? E.g. a late/non-payment or mass-downloading (pirate films etc), which hogs up their servers. May I hasten to add, I'm not guilty of either.

Have any other Virgin customers here else had a call from Virgin Media?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i had a call about 2 weeks ago, they say they want to talk about my broadband service, asked me if was running alright and them immediately launched in a sales pitch, its annoying if i had a problem with my internet they would know about it straight away
    I got a call once, they haven't called back since though, it's been a few months. Tell them you're not happy seems to stop them calling. Oh, and about the sales pitch, try and see if you'll get a better deal, by saying you're not happy, you're thinking of leaving. :)
    Awesome. Cheers for that both of you :-)

Thinking of the ISP's, it suddenly reminded me that I've had numerous calls from Orange over the years, as I'm a long-time customer of theirs. Virtually every call I'd had off them were sales pitches too :-D
    i can promise you that it probably wasn't me calling you :p

(i work for Virgin Media :D)
    lol i won't but you may get a nice letter from anne curran soon who chases payment :-p
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    lol i won't but you may get a nice letter from anne curran soon who chases payment :-p

I was thinking of phoning virgin media and telling them I'm moving to Sky to see what they offer me.

Do they give good deals to keep customers or will they just wave me good bye?
    You should go to Sky anyway :P