Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

playstation 3

anyone know any good deals about?

the min prices im seeing online are £300.

think im getting the bf one as one of his pressies for christmas. think they'll go down in price or think they will stay same?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started looking at one last year from around late October, i waited until the end of December looking for them to drop just after christmas, but they never did, a few of the packages changed and personally the one i got was better than anything that i had seen before that the price and number of games was the same. Just the games had been changed to ones i preferred.

I don't think the prices dropped till around mid Feb.

I can't see them dropping the prices this year before or indeed after christmas because they have just changed the spec, giving it a 80gb harddrive etc... so have signalled their intention - with the xbox etc... droppin in price, Sony have kept the price the same but boosted the hardware slightly.

Just keep an eye out for a deal that interests you but i dont think you'll get more games or a cheaper package, just one that interests you/your boyfriend more.

(Just my feelings on it anyway)
  • Options
    think im getting the bf one as one of his pressies for christmas. think they'll go down in price or think they will stay same?

Maybe by about £40 tops, they've already lost too much from them, I don't think they'd lower the price, specially since it's coming up to Christmas. £300 is still a bit steap though, I've seen it for about that price with a few games, and all the other gadgets.

Find out what games he likes too, otherwise it'll just be a waste of cash tbh, with the miny amount of decent games out.
  • Options
    That's a very expensive present. My what a lucky boyfriend you have.
  • Options
    its expensive but i want to get him something he likes and will enjoy. alot of girlfriends buy their bfs consoles for christmas anyway. my mate bought her fella a ps3 for his bday not long back...thats what gave me the idea :lol:. i dont think that someone who gets £300 spent on a present for them is any luckier than someone who gets £10 spent on them. its the thought that goes into it that counts. money means nothing.