Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Body Shop at home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im thinking of becoming a consultant. Im unsre tho, Im not the most confident person! But I would get on with it, not sure ifI 'll get enough parties?

Im just after feedback really, good and bad.

Thankyou :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So what exactly is it you would be doing?
    Going to peoples homes and doing the parties, abit like Ann Summer etc. Just setting things up, putting make up on the woman hosting the party, showing people the products really. I can host a party at my house, but Im hoping I'll be going to peoples homes to do it.

Its £50 for the kitt that I need to take to the party, I have to do 6 parties in 6 weeks (I think) and if I do that then I get to keep the kit and carry on. When I had a chat with the woman she said there are NO HIDDEN COSTS:eek2: Bit unsure about it, sounds too good to be true??!
    Biggest pain is finding people who are gonna want one of these parties. Like with Ann Summers you can imagine a group of heckling girls would find that fun, but i dunno if people get excited as much when the party is about soap...
    i was gonna say something similiar, i mean i might be wrong but i dont know that many people who go mad for body shop products these days, i dont think its as popular as it once was? do they get the stuff cheaper than it is in the shops? i think it might be quite hard to find 6 groups of people to have a party but then again word might spread so you never know :)
    I think it would work out better if you're the kind of person who has a big network of friends, and can persuade people to host parties and invite new people, etc. Otherwise after a while it might be difficult to find people, I have seen adverts in the local paper for it but I think it is usually a word of mouth kind of thing.

Wouldn't have thought there would be too many hidden costs associated with it because you are just using and giving away samples of stuff, I would have thought the biggest difficulty would be finding people to host the parties.
    I wouldn't do it, especially without any sales experience. I don't think there's much money to be made unless you can sell lots to lots of people. Are you short on cash but short on time too?
    Thanks for all the advice :)

Still havent made my mind up, my partner says go for it, he'll pay for kit. Hmmm, dont know! I would love to do it, but I dont think I'll be any good! LOL

Thanks for the link Kate, I'm gonna read through it and hopefully make up my mind!