Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Erm, anyone knows of any websites where people recommend/ advice against different doctors?
Basically I have signed up to my nearest practice, but so far I am not too sure what to think about the treatment I have recieved (everything has been rushed, and at times bordering unpleasant treatment by the staff) - and would like to see if there is another nearby doctors who is recommended by its patients, so I don't end up switching and then recieving equal or worse treatment.

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a website that has just been launched for the UK, but IMO it looks quite shady and anyone could go on there and post anything about a doctor they have never met. So essentially, someone from here could go on there and say, "I think Dr go_away is a twat. Signed, budda"

There's always netdoctor - perhaps people in the area could recommend GPs?
    The other thing is that different GPs suit different people. There's one at our practicce that Mr Olive really likes, and will always ask to see, but i find him patronising and sometimes bordering on rude. At the same time, I have heard people in the waiting room complain about my favourite GP, but he's always been spot on with me.
    I guess that's true.
    Thing is I need someone who will listen to me regarding my medical concerns. I have too many issues to just let it go, and and not be able to raise my problems. So far I have felt as if I couldn't get out of the practice soon enough, secretary, nurse, and even the doctor as nice as she was, was very rushed. I understand that they can't book off half an afternoon per patient, but I did expect that first consultation with them, they would give me a bit of time to explain my issues, so all the bases are covered.
    Very different from the uni doctor I used to go to, and now I am not allowed to go to the new uni doctor as I live too far away :(
    Some surgeries will let you book a double appointment if you know you've got more than one thing to talk to them about, it's worth asking the receptionist.

Generally the system is designed such that there's enough time in an appointment to discuss one issue, trying to do more than that in a standard appointment is almost always going to lead to a rushed experience. Trick is to try and work out a way round that.
    I have booked a double appointment for next week, so we shall see how it goes.