Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MDMA and PTSD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've heard about trials that are using MDMA for post traumatic stress disorder, but i've not been able to find much more information...

has anyone else heard of anything?

i'm not thinking of going and trying it out myself, but if theres a drugs trial and it might help, then i'm definatly up for it!

Comments

• Options
    There was some good research into it in the US before it was made illegal there. If you are interested there is some detail in PIHKAL about its use this way.

Importantly it is a million miles from how it is normally used now - it is NOT just getting smashed and talking to a mate about how great Bagpuss was.
  • Options
    i know, i'm just wondering if they are still doing any trials anywhere....

whats PIHKAL?
  • Options
    i've just done a bit of research and found this:

http://www.mdma.net/misc/liftingtheveil.html

i think i want to do a little more research on how it was used in a theraputic environment, but its definatly interesting...
  • Options
    If you join volunteer mailing lists for universities performing psychological research there's a good chance you might get the opportunity to take part in some sort of research involving interesting compounds!
  • Options
    If you join volunteer mailing lists for universities performing psychological research there's a good chance you might get the opportunity to take part in some sort of research involving interesting compounds!

There is quite a lot research on THC/CBD, but I would be amazed if UK scientists actually got permission to do live tests with MDMA.

PIHKAL is a book written by Shulgin, its highly worth a read.
  • Options
    well i did hear about some stuff happening at bristol uni, so i don't know if they are testing or planning to...