Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gyno issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i´m not sure if its my colon oor my ovaries that are hurting currently but i´m going to see if i can sort both.

but, i have been looking into getting my implant out, and all the medical professionals have been telling me not to (i guess its because i´m at uni and under 25 thus i must be promiscuous (sp) ) but all the alternative people i´ve been talking to have been telling me that my ovaries are probably trying really hard to ovulate and can´t because i´ve got massive ammounts of progesterone flying around my body. I keep spotting as well, and its making me feel pretty crap.

Does that make sense to people? and is there a method of contraception that i can use that isn´t gonna be fussy when i´m getting in on but isn´t going to fuck up my cycle all the time... the pill wasn´t good for me btw. and if there isn´t then i´ll just have to go back to using other thing to control my shitty periods and use condoms when i do eventually find someone thats worth entering my vagina...

thanks

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there's any hormonal contraceptive that will not mess with your cycle, because that's what it's designed to do. Patch or the coil?
    I've found though since coming off the pill my periods still aren't anywhere near as bad as they used to be - are yours still bad after the pill?
  • Options
    i went straight from pill to implant...and i haven't had a natural period since i was 15 :eek:

i haven't thought about anything internal like that....but tbh, it might be nice to just be me for a while...i miss having a period
  • Options
    Have you tried the injection?

Much as I had issues with it in the first month, I love it right now. My periods are light enough so that I don't have to use tampons (which is good, because I can't without screaming), no pain, and they're not really inconvenient at all. Except for when they last 4 weeks (like my first one), but hopefully this one won't do that.
  • Options
    i haven't, i might think about it. I'm going through this really weird phase of wanting my body to be as natural and pure as possible. but then freshers week has popped up and i can't not drink during freshers.

i'll have to do a bit more research