Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Red Spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a lot of red spots on my penis. what could it be? :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Ink?

You havent said where on the penis they are, how large they are, when they appeared, how long have they been there and if it happened after any particular 'event'.

Alternatively, post a pic. :)

Also, why is this posted in RELATIONSHIPS? I know all guys have a 'relationship' with their penises, but this is just plain ridiculous ... ;)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep, I've moved it - but even in jest, suggesting to post a pic scares me a bit. :nervous: ;)
  • Options
    I read somewhere that all penises have some form of 'spots' as a self cleaning mechanism/protection from bacteria. Ladies have some form of them on their foof too I think..? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Can't remember where I read it from.. in any case are these spots itchy? Sore? etc.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Yep, I've moved it - but even in jest, suggesting to post a pic scares me a bit. :nervous: ;)

It was in jest. Sowwi ... :blush:
  • Options
    Aspire wrote: »
    I read somewhere that all penises have some form of 'spots' as a self cleaning mechanism/protection from bacteria. Ladies have some form of them on their foof too I think..? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Can't remember where I read it from.. in any case are these spots itchy? Sore? etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce%27s_spot is that what you mean?

They never taught us this in sex ed in school so when i saw them i was like 'omg infection!!!!' - and jesus god dancing christ i tried to squeeze them once.

Having red spots could mean either strange Fordyce ones or possibly herpes, better to bite the bullet and get your cock out in front of a doctor!
  • Options
    Ah man, I hope my workplace doesn't think I've been searching for pictures of knobs haha.

Yeah they're the ones I mean. I was never told about them in sex ed either but never gave them a second thought until I came across the info on the net.

The thought of popping one is making me cringe so badly, I don't think I could ever be mean enough to put my wilkins through such pain.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Ink?

You havent said where on the penis they are, how large they are, when they appeared, how long have they been there and if it happened after any particular 'event'.

Alternatively, post a pic. :)

Also, why is this posted in RELATIONSHIPS? I know all guys have a 'relationship' with their penises, but this is just plain ridiculous ... ;)

they're on the penis' head, they are tiny and they appeared a week ago after having lots of sex with my girl for 3 days.
  • Options
    Aspire wrote: »

nope. they're not itchy or sore.
  • Options
    If the spots are new and on the penis head then I think it might be best for you to consider getting a quick check up at your GP or GUM clinic.

There are lots of perfectly natural things that people get worried about when they notice them on their penis - from the previously mentioned Fordyce's spots to the wonderfully named Pearly Penile Papules - but something entirely new that's on the very head of the penis may be different to this.

One thing that does cause small red spots on the penis head is male thrush. It isn't really an STI, well it is in that it can be transmitted through sex but it isn't in the sense that it means someone has to have caught it from someone else, as thrush is just a yeast infection that can develop on its own.

And if you do want to go to a GUM clinic but have never been before then this article might help explain some of the common concerns people have -
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/sexualhealth/faqvisitingagumclinic

It's easily treated so maybe google some images for male thrush or penile thrush to see if they match what you're seeing. Oh and be prepared to go :yuck: a lot if you do that...

There are other possibilities but I'd check that out first if you are looking for the most likely thing it may be, and it isn't something that's supposed to be there.