Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Satirical News Wiki - You do the posting!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey folks,
i just started a free wiki service called "theshallot.org". It's an online community for budding comedy writers or just people who want to be funny to post satirical news (ala theonion, but this is news of the people, by the people). It's based on the same wiki engine that wikipedia uses, so it's easy to use. Check it out:

http://www.theshallot.org

theshallot admin
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, you need to contact a mod if you want to post anything. Since you are aksing for contributors who can get invovled I'll leave it up for now, but please don't post an advert again.
    The problem with taking on The Onion is that you're, you know, taking on The Onion. You have to be really fucking funny to do that, and an article about Osama Bin Laden's cave being on Cribs is 1) 4 years too late 2) Not that funny and 3) So cliche that everyone and their uncle has made that joke.

Still, best of luck. I'm sure you'll get a few good articles.
    The UK equivalent to The Onion, The Daily Mash is also very good. The article on Binge Wanking was pretty funny as I recall.
    Jim V - sorry, didn't mean to break any rules. what is a mod?

Make no mistake, this is not a "take on the Onion" type of thing. It's really a social experiment to see if the internet community can "shape" funny, much in the same way that the internet community creates encyclopedic content that is factual, notable and accurate via wikipedia. I'm hoping that weak articles (ex: Osama on cribs) will either be modified, upgraded or removed, but I don't want to tell the community how to shape the content... it's up to you.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    TheShallot wrote: »
    Jim V - sorry, didn't mean to break any rules. what is a mod?

Make no mistake, this is not a "take on the Onion" type of thing.

A mod is a moderator - the admin for these forums. C'mon, not taking on the onion? You're called The Shallot. :lol: