Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blackpool

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I could well be in Blackpool this weekend - never been - what do people recommend I see when / if I go there?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Day out or night out?
    Either - there for the entire weekend
    In my experience, the Blackpool nightlife isn't great until you get to the nightclubs themselves. First things first, the hotel and everyone you pass on the street will try and sell you a wristband. Don't buy them, they're a rip off. We actually got to one of the places that we were supposed to get free entry into (Yates), and the bouncer insisted on £1 to get in, so we fucked it off. There's one bar that I can't remember the name of, but it's really good. It's directly opposite Yates' North, so if anyone suggests going into Yates North, go to the place opposite instead (opposite in a Northerly direction). There's actually room to move and seats, it's really nice, cheapish drinks, and a bit girly, which means every group of girls in Blackpool ends up in there. :thumb:

Club wise, I'd just go to Syndicate. It costs a lot to get in, but it's a really good club. Lots of different music too, so there's bound to be a bit you like. I've heard good things about Funnygirls too, but I've never been myself. Heaven & Hell is supposed to be a bit shit.

Daytime, well the Pleasure Beach is a day in itself.
    The Pleasure Beach the big rides aren't cheap (about £6) so if you're planning on going on quite a few I'd suggest you get a wristband which is about £24.74.
    2 of the 3 piers have some rides on them and all 3 have bars on them.
    There's a lot of little shops along the prom so it's nice to have a walk along to look in them or just to look out over the sea.
    The area around the tower is where the most clubs and bars are - can't suggest any decent places there as i usually stick to the bars around the south pier (Tommy Ducks is quite expensive - it's opposite the South Pier).
    There's quite a few venues that have shows (comedy/musicals/etc..)
    The shopping isn't too bad either, it's got a lot of the usual highstreet shops but it has a good amount of markets if you want a bargain.
    If you want a nice meal I suggest you go to a cafe on Bond Street (not far from Yates' -towards the south pier) it's called Top Chef, the food is gorgeous and it's quite reasonably priced. There's also some other decent places to eat along that street.
    Towards the outskirts of Blackpool there's a park which is called Stanley Park and there's also a model village and a zoo, for the bus to go there there's a stop next to a place called Pricebusters which you can't really miss as it's quite big and near the tower.
    The chips at Harry Ramsdens are so nice, they have a take away if you don't want to sit in the restaurant. I love getting a box of chips and sitting on the prom eating them.
    If there's anything else i'll do my best to try and help.
    Oh, and make sure all your immunisations are up to date. ;)