Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gbh with intent.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i thought i write this to find out what my chances are,anyways i went to a nightclub to help some friends (managers of the club)to move their gear out as they were moving on,so when we finished they got me a couple of beers,whilst drinking the owner appeared.(we do not get on)anyway he has been winding me over some time now for bout 3 yrs now,anyhow he tried to threaten me so i tried to walk away and as soon as i turned my back he walked towards me threatening to do me so i turned and punched him straight in the face and walked out of the club,so i later i get nicked they have it on cctv and NO witnesses (medical reports i broke his cheek bone) so i gotta go back to cop shop for a reinterview i need to no wot will happen to me will they release me or charge me?p.s i dunno if this makes a difference but i was cautioned for abh and not gbh with intent can i use that against them?

Comments

• Options
    Yeh you wouldn't get gbh for that. Probably get community service for something like that.
  • Options
    Sorry, you don't make any sense. When were you cautioned for ABH? This time around or on a previous occasion, and since then you've punched another person?

Either way, you can't just punch people in the face because they wind you up or you think they're being threatening. If he was trying to hold you back or started hitting you then fine, but you were walking away and all he was doing was goading you.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Sorry, you don't make any sense. When were you cautioned for ABH? This time around or on a previous occasion, and since then you've punched another person?

i was origanilly arrested for abh then they released me to report back to cop shop,but now they have docs reports they changed it from abh to gbh.(i should have explained that bit earlier)