Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ribena

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I'm a Ribenaholic. Those £1 bottles of the ready-to-drink stuff are sooo addictive. I always thought Ribena was a bit c**p, either in cartons, or that big cordial you have to addd water to. But those £1 bottles seem to taste different to Ribena in any other container. They give a real rush to the head when you drink them. I'm starting earlier and earlier now, this morning I had one at 9am!
Do you think they are putting anything funny in them>

Comments

• Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    you can say "crap" on the internet, it's ok - no one will try to stone you for it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its made of Rib and this strange substance called Ena.
    lol i wouldnt go near drugs if i was you
    z- wrote: »
    lol i wouldnt go near drugs if i was you

:lol:

Seriously tho... have you seen how much sugar is in that Ribena? more than coke.
    Ribena is too weak now.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Ribena is too weak now.
    Serious? I don't think it tastes any different.

I like the Ribena Really Light. It's only like 20-something calories in the big bottle.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    you can say "crap" on the internet, it's ok - no one will try to stone you for it.
    I am...*readies stone**
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

Well you never know from forum to forum. BuzzJack wouldn't even let me discuss the Pussy Cat Dolls, or Scunthorpe...

This is all beside the point. Ribena rocks. If George Best had been addicted to Ribena instead of alcohol, he'd still be with us today. He would have had no teeth, and may well be diabetic, but he would have at least been alive, to give us the benefit of his views on Dimitar Berbatov.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Well you never know from forum to forum. BuzzJack wouldn't even let me discuss the Pussy Cat Dolls, or Scunthorpe...

This is all beside the point. Ribena rocks. If George Best had been addicted to Ribena instead of alcohol, he'd still be with us today. He would have had no teeth, and may well be diabetic, but he would have at least been alive, to give us the benefit of his views on Dimitar Berbatov.
    wow, because that's worth staying alive for =\
    If Hitler had just had some Ribena, things would have all turned out different....

Yep, and it would've been "wish we'd gone for Robinho instead." ;)
    I really don't like the stuff. I always feel sick after drinking Ribena, for some reason. Bloody sugar rush.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I really don't like the stuff. I always feel sick after drinking Ribena, for some reason. Bloody sugar rush.

If Ribena makes you feel sick i'd hate to find out what beer does to you..
    GoodFella wrote: »
    If Ribena makes you feel sick i'd hate to find out what beer does to you.
    Last time I went on a big night out, (which was a while ago, admittedly) it did very little.
    OMG I was JUST about to complain that this wasn't in food and drink!