Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

very sad :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(im not sure if this is the right place to post this or not...)

yesterday my boyfriend and i moved out of his cottage and back to our parents. we are trying to save so that in 6 months we can afford somewhere better and more suited to the baby (the cottage was very small with no heating).

so last night was our first night apart and it was horrible. i couldnt sleep and i just kept crying. and to top it all off he left this morning for his parents other house in wales, for a week. he is refitting their kitchen cos they are renting it out. i was meant to be going too but his parents decided at the last minute that it wasnt suitable for me as its all very unfinished. so i couldnt go.

i dont feel like my parents house is home anymore which is stupid cos i only lived with my boyfriend for 2 months! but since he left last night i have just shut myself in my room and i cant face going downstairs and being with my parents. i honestly feel like im lodging here or something.

i just keep crying over the fact that im 'stuck' here for the next 6 months, not being able to ever go to the cottage again and just missing my boyfriend so much already :(

i know im being hormonal and if i wasnt pregnant then i wouldnt be taking this so hard but....i just cant stop crying :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh no, well its bound to take some getting used to, and youre already feeling very vulnerable and not to mention hormonal. I think id be feeling much the same as you. I hope you manage to find something sooner than that
    thats the thing tho, i know i will be here for 6 months cos my boyfriend needs to save for his tax bill too (he is self employed) as well as both of us saving for a house.
    i am just going to save every extra penny i have.
    im just really stuggling today :( plus im so tired from not sleeping, i kept reaching for him in the night but obviously he wasnt there :(
    Maybe you could find something to occupy yourself and concentrate on..

I'm a bit obsessed about finances at the mo'.. Do you have any debts - are they all at as low an interest rate as possible? Have you bought everything for the baby yet? If not, research where you can get it cheapest. Check MSE for deals and discounts and don't buy anything online (or apply for a lower interest credit card) without checking if you can get cashback through Quidco or the like first.

All extra pennies to help you get your own place faster - or have more to spend when you do get it in six months time.
    It sounds so stressful :( I don't know what your relationship with your parents is like but I'm sure they will want to care for you more so that you are pregnant. If you can, take advantage of the extra help and also ears if you need someone to talk to.
    i know that its easier to save and i will have help with the baby and stuff but its so horrible being away from him.
    im just really not feeling settled here, hopefully in a few days i will feel better
    i know it sucks at the moment being away from your boyfriend, mine's going to uni in september and i can't imagine how horrible it is being away from him.
    i think what you have to do is just look forward to having enough money to have a place of your own and being a family together eventually.
    i hope you feel better soon, it must be so exciting about to have a baby, and getting a house of your own :)
    i'm sure i sound incredibly selfish saying all this. or spoilt or something. but it is horrible being away from him. we havent been together that long and have only spent 4 nights apart since being together and this is the longest i've not seen him for.
    i just called him and it was sad to hang up but he had to get back to work after a few minutes cos there is so much to do.
    although i am feeling a bit better now cos i booked tickets to go up on the train to join him on wednesday and then come home with him in the car on sunday.
    so only 4 more days to get through....i just love him so much.
    but yeah you are right, it will be worth it in the end, to be a family and to be together in our own home, i guess i need to just hang onto that thought!
    Missing him isn't selfish in the slightest. I know it seems hard now but it won't be long till you are together.
    i think its all a bit harder because of being emotional because of the pregnancy.
    im just clinging to the fact that by wednesday night i will be with him.

i found it very hard to sleep without him again last nite, im having to keep the TV on to soothe me to sleep, i know it will get better once i get used to it but its making it harder to be positive cos im so tired :(
    i recommend sleeping with one of his stinky tshirts. Make him wear the same tshirt for a couple of days first
    i recommend sleeping with one of his stinky tshirts. Make him wear the same tshirt for a couple of days first

that is a good idea, a nice stinky work one! im wearing a pair of his boxers and his t-shirt and pyjamas now but my mum washed them so they dont smell of him anymore :(
    i've still not slept and am now snappy with him :( i know he is busy and wants to work as hard as he can before i get there 2moro so that we can have time together but i just wish he had 5 minutes to call me and let me know he is thinking of me.

its making me feel like he doesnt miss me at all :(

i think im just not doing well with all the changes this week. first my cat died. then we had to move out and come back home and now my boyfriend is away.
    i know it sounds so stupid but i miss the house so much. i miss the neighbours and just everything :( and i just hate being back at my parents, it doesnt feel like home at all.
    ive hardly left the house in 3 days and i just have no energy to do anything apart from stare into space and cry :(
    oh BB, just think how lovely it will be to see him tommorow. Try your best not to let yourself sink into a depression about it. Your hormones will make it easier than ever to do that, but this is FOR THE BEST. its horrid but its short term loss for long term gain
    Hiya i no completly how you feel i left home when i was 16 to live with my boyfriend! My mum would yap at me sometimes because she feels it is stupid that at 18 i have to pay bills etc! When me and my bf split for a week and i moved back home it really didnt feel like home nomore!But after a couple of days i did start to feel more at ease and when my bf and i got back 2getha i was sad 2 leave! I have very negative thinking so while i was at my parents i thought to myself how would i feel if something happened to them and i complaned having to live with i would be greif strickin thats why i cherish every moment i have with them! Even though they moan and yap but if they wernt here i would do anything to hear my mum say 'bring the washin down' lol! Just enjoy it parents aint all that easy to live with but you fall back into the pattern you were in b4 u left! I hope ive helped lol