Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Crown Court today.

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
And for once I'm the right side of the law. :D
Never been a witness ina trial. Quite exciting.
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try n stay on that side eh :D :angel:
    Can you tell us what it's for? Or does it have to wait until the end?

Good luck whatever it is.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I got stabbed several times with a stanley blade last year in a fight.
    The people involved are now on trial.

Didn't manage to get on the stand today because there's an issue about whether or not the fact my mate and I have criminal records should be disclosed to the jury. :mad:
    Weekender Offender 
    I hope they get sent down mate.

Good luck.
    Skive wrote: »

Didn't manage to get on the stand today because there's an issue about whether or not the fact my mate and I have criminal records should be disclosed to the jury. :mad:

I'd have thought that the sheer fact that you probably got some nasty cuts might be enough evidence for some people.......
    Irrespective of what you might have done yourself however many years ago.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I'd have thought that the sheer fact that you probably got some nasty cuts might be enough evidence for some people.......
    Irrespective of what you might have done yourself however many years ago.

Well the defence wanted to bring up my mates and my previous convictions. So the prosecution argument was that if previous convictions for witnesses was important than so was previous convictions for the defendants. One of them a history that incluided two convictions for violent offences and for carring a blade in the last 18 months so the defence dropped that.

Was on the stand today for two hours and got some serious grief from the defence. Found out that matey who stabbed me used a penknife, and that he cut half of his own thumb off after it closed on his hand due to me knocking him on his arse. :lol: That's karma right there.

I've got a funny feeling they may get off. :(
    Weekender Offender 
    If they do get off, then that's BS.
    Wounds on your body, previous convictions in the last 18 months, and loosing half is thumb from his own knife he used? Doesn't take a genius to piece the evidence together.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Doesn't take a genius to piece the evidence together.

Welcome to the British judicial system. Now you have an idea of what we're up against.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    If they do get off, then that's BS.
    Wounds on your body, previous convictions in the last 18 months, and loosing half is thumb from his own knife he used? Doesn't take a genius to piece the evidence together.

By the sound of it the jury wasnt told about the previous convictions, which is normal because it tends to sway the jury too much.
    always a time n a place even if they do get off with it eh ;)

sickenin tho, i got my face fractured and my mate got his jaw shattered to pieces, both of us requiring surgery, the fella was caught, had witnesses, both of us were underage, he had a list of convictions as long as your arm and the bastard still got away basically scot free, hit with fuckin anger management or some balls like that

ill never forget the shite me and my mate both went through over that .. will see the wanker some day when hes not expecting it :angel:
    Yep, they got off.
    Weekender Offender 
    Ridiculous.
    I'm shocked