Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

12 long fucking years - never give up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Back in 1996 I was 22 and I met this 16 year old girl. To cut a long story short we fancied each other but she felt I was too old for her and nothing happened other than the odd bit of flirting. We gradually drifted apart, she seemed ok about it all but I was quietly pissed off as I didn't think the age difference was all that bad but really I think her family made her decision for her.

Anyway we'd see each other around town, say our hellos, BS'd for a bit then carry on walking.

Fast forward to now, 2008, I'm 34 and she's 28 and we bumped in to each other on facebook. We ended up on msn and I saw that she was still as gorgeous as when she was 16. I didn't want her to think I was some sad bastard who had been pining over her for 12 years (and I truly wasn't - it just seemed an injustice I'd never been given a chance) so I lied and took the "it's ok, I'm not coming on to you, it's just nice to hear from you" angle and so did she.

I guessed that meant any feelings we both had back then were just passing - or at least that hers were.

Tonight we've been talking on msn for something like 5 hours and she told me she had always felt she'd made a mistake by not giving me a chance. She also said that from looking through my FB pictures that I look even better now than I did back then. Wow! No-one had ever said something like that before.

The end result is we're now going to make a try of it properly. I hadn't seen her for about 4 years but on the few occasions when I'd think back to those days it always reminded me of how much I fancied her.

And here we are - I've got her.

Don't know if anyone is bothered by this but all I can say is to never give up - I waited 12 years for her. Not in a stalker sort of way! But she was always 'the one that got away' - and now she's back.

Never give up.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    An inspirational story.

I have one person who I consider to be "the one that got away". Her name was Kim. I first met her in college a few months after starting. I've never met anyone quite like her. I always had feelings for her, but never had the guts to tell her. I lost contact with her at 18 and barely a day goes by when I don't wonder what happened to her.
    :heart: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

What such a happy story, just like something out of a movie!

I really hope you are together forever!:)
    Good word Stud ;)
    reading that made me smile :)

a similar thing has happened to me. i had a boyfriend when i was 14, we split up at 15. slept together at 18. then didnt see or speak to each other for 4 years. now we are back together. it took 7 years and we both had long term relationships in the middle but we went for a drink in may as friends, both fell back in love with each other as though we hadnt been apart at all and within 2 weeks we were back together.
    and i just love him so much, its so easy and so perfect. :heart:

so yes....as quagmire said....if you feel someone is the one, never give up :)
    thats lovely. i really hope it works out!
    Thats awesome dude :) Happy ending eh. Gives us all hope.
    I might actually cry...I've just come out of a relationship so everything is really clouded for me, but that story is really sweet :heart:
    nice one. :thumb:
    Does this mean no more perving on young girls for Quagmire? :)
    Giggedy goo!

Nice one mate. That's made me feel better about my own non-existent love life.
    Good story. Alot of my better looking exes have added me on facebook and I swear they do it just to rub my nose in it. They're all either just as fit if not more fit than they were, but they've all also got new boyfriends on the go. Ah well, no going back there for me. Too weird after some pretty acrimonious break-ups.
    That story is so lovely. Good luck to both of you xx.
    real inspriation man
    i'll never give up now, :D
    Thats brilliant,proper happy ending.:D
    Congratulations and good luck.:thumb:
    that is sooooooo lovely......there's hope for everyone! Hope it lasts and you are both very happy!
    that is sooooooo lovely......there's hope for everyone! Hope it lasts and you are both very happy!

YOU MEAN THERES HOPE FOR ME???!?!?!?!?! HURRAH :D
    Back in 1996 I was 22 and I met this 16 year old girl. To cut a long story short we fancied each other but she felt I was too old for her and nothing happened other than the odd bit of flirting. We gradually drifted apart, she seemed ok about it all but I was quietly pissed off as I didn't think the age difference was all that bad but really I think her family made her decision for her.

Anyway we'd see each other around town, say our hellos, BS'd for a bit then carry on walking.

Fast forward to now, 2008, I'm 34 and she's 28 and we bumped in to each other on facebook. We ended up on msn and I saw that she was still as gorgeous as when she was 16. I didn't want her to think I was some sad bastard who had been pining over her for 12 years (and I truly wasn't - it just seemed an injustice I'd never been given a chance) so I lied and took the "it's ok, I'm not coming on to you, it's just nice to hear from you" angle and so did she.

I guessed that meant any feelings we both had back then were just passing - or at least that hers were.

Tonight we've been talking on msn for something like 5 hours and she told me she had always felt she'd made a mistake by not giving me a chance. She also said that from looking through my FB pictures that I look even better now than I did back then. Wow! No-one had ever said something like that before.

The end result is we're now going to make a try of it properly. I hadn't seen her for about 4 years but on the few occasions when I'd think back to those days it always reminded me of how much I fancied her.

And here we are - I've got her.

Don't know if anyone is bothered by this but all I can say is to never give up - I waited 12 years for her. Not in a stalker sort of way! But she was always 'the one that got away' - and now she's back.

Never give up.

What a great story. Thanks for that, I needed to hear it.