Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Knitting

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ilipintt wrote: »
    I was just expressing my opinion. It wasn't my intention to offend.

Ok then. But if it wasn't your intention to offend then I can only deduce that you are just plain stupid
    Why am I stupid? Simply for expressing an opinion?
    Why am I stupid? Simply for expressing an opinion?

For both thinking that your comment wouldn't cause offence and for thinking that knitting is just for 'old maids'. What planet are you on?
    Ohhhh come on. Don't argue over knitting!
    I think it's just for old maids. no offence anyone.

What I find the most ironic about this statement is who it's coming from. :lol: Old maids, eh? :chin:

---
    I knit and cross stitch and am going to attempt to conquer the sewing machine this winter. I briefly tried to crochet, but I really couldn't grasp how to create anything with just a single needle. I don't get people who say it's easier! :p
    GoodFella wrote: »

Haven't you heard of stitch and bitch :p
    kangoo wrote: »
    Haven't you heard of stitch and bitch :p

You have perfected that art i see :p
    You have perfected that art i see :p

:D
    i knit. i'm currently saving up for expencive wool to knit a lovely pencil skirt. on circular needles....go me!
    How much does all this stuff cost?
    How much does all this stuff cost?
    some of it is cheap, like normall needles and acrillic wool, but cashmere, silk, bamboo, merino, are expencive. needles, plastic ones are cheep, wood ones and such are more expencive
    some of it is cheap, like normall needles and acrillic wool, but cashmere, silk, bamboo, merino, are expencive. needles, plastic ones are cheep, wood ones and such are more expencive

I find needles expensive because you have to have all the sizes to get the right tension! I have a range of straight needles but I need to start collecting double pointed and circular now! Mind once you have them then you're set
    all this talks makes me wanna go try n pick locks for some reason :D
    I knit - have made a few ipod socks and a hat and scarf my babies!
    I knit. Can't crochet for the life of me, though. Other than Ravelry, knitty.com is awesome for free patterns.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

Don't piss off a knitter. We have sharp sticks and not afraid to use them. :mad: :p

ilipintt, you are offensive, but then I expect nothing less from someone who is as narrow minded and naive, like you. *sigh*

If you have nothing constructive to say in a thread, you may as well not bother.

TT, what skirt are you planning?
    Don't piss off a knitter. We have sharp sticks and not afraid to use them. :mad: :p

ilipintt, you are offensive, but then I expect nothing less from someone who is as narrow minded and naive, like you. *sigh*

If you have nothing constructive to say in a thread, you may as well not bother.

Thats kinda kinky :p
    I can't knit, and with crochet I only got as far as making myself a woolly moustache in the style of Robert Winston, but I do like sewing. More than sewing though I like buying fabric and just having it - I think it's the potential it has rather than actually wanting to use it!
    I'd like to be able to knit. My mum taught me the basics when I was about 9 but I've forgot it all now :(

I might invest in a good book to teach me when I have some time!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to knit. My mum taught me the basics when I was about 9 but I've forgot it all now :(

I might invest in a good book to teach me when I have some time!

I was the same, someone taught me when i was a child, but i forgot it all, so I retaught myself using books :)
    It is easier! And much quicker. I lose patience very easily so I need to see results quickly to keep me interested.

Much easier.

As well as only having one needle to contend with, you only have one stitch too!
    I can, well used to, knit and I was never any good at it. I cant even knit basic squares!

Cross-stich is much better for me, but I have loads of kits (about 10 and one pattern that should have been finished off 4 months ago) to do as I seem to be lacking the motivation to do them.

You should knit socks. Socks are ace. Small projects but such versatility *nods*

What pattern do you use for your socks? And how do you make sure they fit your feet! I have small feet (4) and most patterns seem to be for larger feet

You hate thumbs but you can do the heel of a sock! Thumbs are much less complicated!
    Well after seeing this thread gain more pages, suppose I should pop my head in!

Love the little hat on the first page :)

Can't knit for shit :) - Not got the time to do it ha!

Though i'd through in a joke - Who's got nits ;)
    While I'm craftphotowhoring, these are the only things I think I've ever properly finished. They're the Fetching wristwarmers from Knitty.com:

1923202998_70ee85465f.jpg
    What pattern do you use for your socks? And how do you make sure they fit your feet! I have small feet (4) and most patterns seem to be for larger feet

You hate thumbs but you can do the heel of a sock! Thumbs are much less complicated!

I use knitty for lots of patterns. I find that I make them cuff down and I can try them on as I make them. I like Monkey best.

As for finished things I am proud of, here are my elephants, my blanket and I just finished a baby jacket.
    I use knitty for lots of patterns. I find that I make them cuff down and I can try them on as I make them. I like Monkey best.

As for finished things I am proud of, here are my elephants, my blanket and I just finished a baby jacket.

That blanket is amazing! I'm ordering some double pointed needles off ebay so I can start the sock mission! :D

How am I being offensive?
    For both thinking that your comment wouldn't cause offence and for thinking that knitting is just for 'old maids'. What planet are you on?

On the Earth. I still don't see why it's offensive.