Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Knitting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who all on here knits? I know Jaloux, Kangaroo and of course Little Missy (who I say taught me cuz I harassed her with millions of questions :heart:;) ) Just curious. We should have a site ravelry group :p

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Who all on here knits? I know Jaloux, Kangaroo and of course Little Missy (who I say taught me cuz I harassed her with millions of questions :heart:;) ) Just curious. We should have a site ravelry group :p

I haven't picked up my knitting in over a week. This saddens me :(

Olive knits. Yes.

And twisted trinity.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And me!
    i knit like fuck
    I do :)

Knitting a blanket for my friend's baby, due in January at the moment :hyper:
    Olive knits. Yes.

I do :yes:

Although my first love is still sewing. That said, I am crocheting at the mo! I'm craftophrenic, I guess.
    Me although just on straight needles at the moment because I haven't got any circular or double pointed needles yet (a bit skint at the mo lol)
    I know RandomGirl does too because she very patiently explained how to do ribbing (it took me a while to get it :blush: )
    I do as well. Just don't often find time to do it at the moment.
    I do. Im brilliant at wrapping short rows...
    My recent achievements!

ETA: sorry they're huge :(
    I love the stripy mitts!
    I love the stripy mitts!

Thanks, they're a birthday present for a friend :)
    I love the stripy mitts!

Me too! The colours are ace :)
    kangoo wrote: »
    My recent achievements!

ETA: sorry they're huge :(

Very nice :)

The mits are gorgeous. And is that an innocent hat?! They are just so cute :D

Currently I am making a Forest Path Stole (not my photo). It's hard going. But will be stunning.

Oh yeah.
    Very nice :)

The mits are gorgeous. And is that an innocent hat?! They are just so cute :D

Currently I am making a Forest Path Stole (not my photo). It's hard going. But will be stunning.

Oh yeah.

Yep an innocent hat, RandomGirl recommended it to me to learn how to decrease!

That looks amazing, what is a stole? A throw type thing? It looks fab anyway. It makes my mittens pale in comparison, although I am proud of how the thumbs turned out (only 2 failed thumbs preceded them) I tend to stick to easy, very obviously homemade looking things while I'm learning so I don't get disheartened!
    Yep an innocent hat, RandomGirl recommended it to me to learn how to decrease!

That looks amazing, what is a stole? A throw type thing? It looks fab anyway. It makes my mittens pale in comparison, although I am proud of how the thumbs turned out (only 2 failed thumbs preceded them) I tend to stick to easy, very obviously homemade looking things while I'm learning so I don't get disheartened!

Thumbs are the main reason I don't knit mittens / gloves. I hate hate hate them. Also, you made something from scratch, that is wonderful, wearable and just generally funky, so you should be proud of yourself.

A stole is a huge lace scarf type thing. I'll look for a better photo. Here. Mine is in red but I'm not very far through.

My tendancy is to find projects that are generally ridiculously beyond my skill and work through them, ask loads of questions and eventually succeed (I'm stubborn) so my learning curve is huge. I've only really been knitting (properly) for about 18 months. The greater the project, the more satisfaction I feel at the end.

You should knit socks. Socks are ace. Small projects but such versatility *nods*

And sock yarn is just gorgeous and addictive.
    I'm learning, but struggling! I'm trying to make a scarf! Starting easy!
    I crochet. 2 needles just confuses me.

Oh I'm jelous. My grandma tried to teach me to crochet when I was younger but I always managed to miss stitches and everything turned out U looking. Never tried again. You can make such beautiful things crocheting!

And I love the stripey mittens, Kangaroo! Very jelous of your ability to use several colors.
    cross stitch all the way!
    We should have a site ravelry group :p

:yes: We should defo have something. There's not really a right forum to talk about knitting, but there's lots of knitters on thesite

I think it's just for old maids. no offence anyone.
    :lol: :eek:
    That made me laugh out loud. How is that not offensive?!
    Anyway, I think the stuff you guys are knitting is wicked, wish I had the patience for it. I might try one day, it must be really rewarding...those stripy gloves are lush :thumb:
    ilipintt wrote: »
    I think it's just for old maids. no offence anyone.

What's for old maids?
    Knitting. It just seems a bit strange to me.
    Olive wrote: »
    I do :yes:

Although my first love is still sewing. That said, I am crocheting at the mo! I'm craftophrenic, I guess.

I thought of you first. Sew cool.

I can't do anything creative like that, I just play computer games :cool:
    ilipintt wrote: »
    Knitting. It just seems a bit strange to me.

You're strange
    I wouldn't mind learning...I know I won't be a natural at it now!
    I didn't realise there was so many of you. Someone knit me a jumper? I'll pay you with food.
    You're strange

I was just expressing my opinion. It wasn't my intention to offend.