Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Everything ALMOST sorted. Money issues sorted, all documents are cool. But we wanna move in this weekend so the girls I am living with are signing the contract tomorrow. I'll only be there tomorrow night so obviously can't sign the contract. Now, I was told that I just need to send an e-mail confirming that I am happy for them to sign on my behalf. Though I was wondering if tha complicates my position legally? Say in breech of contract, will they then be able to say that as I haven't signed it myself then I have no leg to stand on regarding any claims?

Anyone?
    I would write a letter and add an electronic signature to it. I belive that electronic signatures are accepted as legally binding and indeed we accept them as so at work all the time.
    Don't quote me on it legally - but I'd imagine that the email would back up that you've agreed to the signing but then they may still want you to pop in and sign it as well at some point later on.
    Whats an electronic signature?
    Today is the day! Thanks for everybodies help :)
    Cool, sure it'll go well :)
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Today is the day! Thanks for everybodies help :)

Welcome to The Big Smoke :D