Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dots on the foot, probably nothing

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Just in case...
I've noticed some freckle-like dots on my foot, just under the ankle. I don't really remember how long they've been there, it could be 2 months to a year (or perhaps more), but they surely haven't always been there.
I've read that changes on the skin might imply skin cancer, does that sound like anything like that?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are the dots white?
  • Options
    No, red (or brown/beige, I don't know what that colour is exactly. Like darker skin). Like big freckles, and the skin doesn't feel any different.
  • Options
    they could just be freckles, although an odd place to get them. i would get checked by your GP in case they are something to be concerned about. Have you had any blisters there? i once had loads of blisters in the place, and when they healed they scarred a little to create something similar to what you described.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever having blisters there, and I think the "dots" are too small for that too. But there aren't any GPs here, I'm just trying to figure if it's worth making an appointment with a dermatologist about it.
  • Options
    People make appts for much less things I'm sure! If it is something you are concerned about no need to feel bad for making one. Always better safe than sorry. Do you show that area of skin alot? Like shorts and sandals attire or some such? I get lots of freckles/spots when I go out in the sun :( Just a thought.
  • Options
    Hm, when at home (during summer) I'm mostly just in my underwear. But when I'm outside, 99% the shoes I wear cover the entire foot.
  • Options
    Are they flat to the skin? or raised- kinda like mini blisters?
  • Options
    Flat, as far as I can tell. It doesn't feel any different either.
  • Options
    They sound like freckles but if you are worried about them then just pop along to the doctors. I've been to the doctors for things like that before.