Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finishing University - Your experiences

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tinkler wrote: »
    I remember a few yrs ago Imperial was top with £24k, things have certainly changed since, this is from The Sunday Times 2007 guide -

Chat_211642a.gif

These numbers are deceptively low though, as they exclude golden handshake / sign-on bonus (£5-8k for top grad firms), end of year performance bonuses (can be 100% of salary in banking), company cars etc.. so LSE and Imperial these days are in fact over £30k average.. note I graduated a few years ago when £25-30k was the norm except for banking.

Wow... Most graduates I know are on low paying jobs or temping.

I would be chuffed to get £20K
    I recomend a book called Dude, Where's my career? The guide for baffled graduates. My mum recently gave it to me, just begun reading it on the train yesterday, it's really quite amusing in parts, light to read and very easy to identify with. Believe me it will cheer you up on the career front. It's a positive book with good tips and other graduate students experiences. It recommends rescue remedies if you are feeling low.
    I am incredibly bored in my job I've been working in of late and I'm not very patient so it's frustrating not being in what I want immediately. You just have to keep going and remember there will be a light at the end of the tunnel!
    ^ let us know if it turns out to be a good read.

I have heard loads of students reach rock bottom for a bit after graduation.

At the moment, I don't even feel motivated to cook properly, never mind look for a job. :rolleyes:

Still... Gonna try to aim for ten job applications a week.