Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Importance of Political Activism

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
"Getting involved in the political process is one of the best ways to make an impact on your community. Election campaigns and other political activities require a great number of volunteers and workers. While it is very difficult to get a paid job working for a political campaign as a high school student, campaigns do provide volunteer and sometimes even internship opportunities. Involvement is possible at the local, state, or even national level."

(Source: Political Involvement - PathAspire)

There are many benefits of getting involved politically, and I think we all agree that people need to be more politically active, especially during election time. As individuals, we really are capable of making a difference and having our voices heard.. I think that this upcoming election (Obama vs. McCain!) will be one of the most influential elections we'll see in a loong time... so it's really important that we go out and make our voices and opinions heard. Or, at least do some research and be informed of what these candidates are all about. We should all vote! It is our duty as a citizen.

Comments

• Options
    Good idea, and the election in the US will indeed carry great significance, but virtually all the users of this board cant vote in the US (sadly).
  • Options
    True.. but I do have a feeling that we will be having a lot more "young" voters this election, more than previous elections. Even though we can't vote, it's extremely important to still participate in discussions and have our voices heard -- even if we can't vote, we can influence others to get involved and vote :) so it's like, we are voting indirectly if we succeed in getting lazy people off their butts to do some research about Obama or something, and then talk to them about why we think Obama > McCain. We do have potential to make a difference in elections, even if we personally cannot vote. I'm working on my parents now~ trying to convince them to vote Obama lol
  • Options
    Well since none of the UK population can vote in the US election either, I think any influence anyone on this board can have is pretty limited.
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Haha oops forgot about that.