Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depleted uranium in Iraq.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Very very sad.
War crimes.
Crimes against humanity.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vRIa0_ah8sI

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And yet the British government (I won't even discuss the US'...) still refuses to abandon that repulsive ammunition.

There was only one side that actually used WMDs in Iraq during the two Gulf wars... and it wasn't the Iraqis.
    Trouble is, it's very good at blowing up tanks. Until they find a decent replacement, it's hear to stay.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Trouble is, it's very good at blowing up tanks. Until they find a decent replacement, it's hear to stay.
    But there is. One of the primary factors in the defeat Israel suffered in the 2006 war with Hezbollah was the latter's capability to destroy or severely damage many Israeli tanks. I can't remember exactly what it was they used but I'm pretty certain it wasn't DU ammunition at all.

And the Israeli tanks are amongst the best armoured ones in the world.

There are other weapons that can cripple a tank. Just because something is better it doesn't mean we can only use that. DU is an evil weapon that causes death and misery to literally hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. The price is simply too high.

Otherwise we might as well use nukes and be done with it, seeing as they're the best weapon to completely destroy an enemy.
    Whowhere wrote: »

Don't know if you noticed mate but
    there aren't any tanks to aim at.
    There wasn't a navy or an air force or even an army either.
    We have gone in and destroyed a nations infrastructure.

Five hundred tons of depleted uranium dust with a half life of a billion years is also an environmental weapon.
    If you haven't looked at the vid i suggest you do and ...cry.