Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

handing in my notice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm handing in my notice today but I'm not sure who to address it to. Does it need to be addressed to the store general manager, or personnel department? If it's the latter, should it just say "Dear Personnel department" or should it have the department manager's name on it? I'll be handing it in in person (for a quicker gettaway!) as well rather than posting it. Also, should it be in an envelope or should I just hand it to them as is?

Comments

• Options
    i would address it to your boss, by name, and it wouldnt hurt to put it in an envelope.

Yay to your new job and yay for not having to do those awful shifts anymore
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm handing in my notice today but I'm not sure who to address it to. Does it need to be addressed to the store general manager, or personnel department? If it's the latter, should it just say "Dear Personnel department" or should it have the department manager's name on it? I'll be handing it in in person (for a quicker gettaway!) as well rather than posting it. Also, should it be in an envelope or should I just hand it to them as is?

Hi KHSS, I'd address it to the store general manager and put it in an envelope. New job?

ETA: posted exactly the same time! (good minds thing alike!)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Who's gonna reduce all the items super well now :(:(:(
  • Options
    Faye will!

I addressed it to personnel in the end and put it in an envelope. They were really nice about it but that's probably because I spoke to the nice one and not the creosoted bitch from hell.

Yeah I have a new job, it's just long term agency work for a bank but it's office hours and no late nights or weekends, and so beats morrisons by a long way!

eta James I still have my discount for another week so give me a text if you want to go shopping. Plus those mullers are back on 10 for £2 and this time you can mix and match with corners, lights and rice!