Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hemorrhoids at age 16

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everybody, don't mean to grose anybody out but is it possible to have Hemorrhoids at age sixteen. It's just because for about three days I have had very mild pain down there. I then applied liberal amounts of vaseline to the area and the mild pain has eased quite a bit. I figure if it persists and there is blood I will go and see a doctor.

I'm just asking if it is fine to have Hemorrhoids at this age or if it is worrying at sixteen? Please help.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't say it's anything to be worried about (I'm sure you can get them any time) They don't tend to be anything serious at any time. If you are worried see a GP but I'm sure they'll just give you a cream.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's piles?

Sometimes if you're a little constipated you can cause your anus to split/crack and then bleed, which can be very painful and hard to heal. They're called Anal Fissures... Could it be that?
  • Options
    dairy wrote: »
    Hello everybody, don't mean to grose anybody out but is it possible to have Hemorrhoids at age sixteen. It's just because for about three days I have had very mild pain down there. I then applied liberal amounts of vaseline to the area and the mild pain has eased quite a bit. I figure if it persists and there is blood I will go and see a doctor.

I'm just asking if it is fine to have Hemorrhoids at this age or if it is worrying at sixteen? Please help.

Is this the first time that you have experienced the problem?

Is the pain around the entrance to your anus - or does it feel further up?

Has there been any bleeding?

Is it itchy (is that why you are using the Vaseline?)?

Had you been doing any heavy physical work before it started? Did you have constipation beforehand? Have you been eating correctly?

As you can probably tell by my questions, there are quite a few variables that need to be confirmed before you can safely say that you have piles. Many times people with think that they have piles when it can, in fact, be something else.

If the symptoms persist, see your doctor and get a qualified view on your condition. It is likely to be nothing serious and in most cases, the symptoms go away after a few days.
  • Options
    you can get piles as a baby. i've had them and got injections for them. just go to the gp and get some ointment
  • Options
    OK a family member who does this sort of medical stuff has sorted it out for me. It's not piles or anal fissures, apparently it looked like some sort of cut, she said nothing to worry about. Well it's all sorted, no more pain in the ass but I am still applying small amounts of vaseline.