Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dihydrocodiene?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been drinking for a while and was given 4 60mg tablets of these. Necked two and while I feel slightly buzzy it isn't exactly worth it.. would it be OK to drop the other 2 or is there chances of overdosing?

I've done internet searches all over but I seem to be getting very vague results..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dihydrocodeine is a synthetic opiate - a man made version of a painkilling drug codeine, which is derrived from the poppy plant and is in the same family as the much stronger morphine drug. Dihydrocodeine is approximately twice as strong as regular codeine, and possession without a prescription is an offence - Class B (if it is pure dihydrocodeine and not the weaker over the counter stuff mixed with paracetamol).

You say you have been drinking for quite a while - I would suggest that playing around with this at all if you have been drinking is unwise, as it is a drug that causes drowsiness and depresses the central nervous system, so taking it with a load of another depressant drug (Alcohol) is not really wise.

Losing consciousness, falling over, passing out and choking on vomit are all dangers when mixing depressants and alcohol. I would definitely leave the other two alone.
    Cheers MB. I'll be taking your advice mate.

I'm completely uneducated on the drug in all honesty and have left them well alone since the two earlier, but thanks for the heads up. I know it might have been a stupid question to ask but I always get sound advice from these forums so I'm not that stupid otherwise I would have just dropped them without asking haha.

Much obliged dude :)
    good drug some chance too got handed a loada df 118's tonite good buzz

wouldnt make a habit of em tho
    no problem at all :)

It is completely not a stupid thing to ask, it is in fact very sensible. The only stupid questions are unasked ones - no one here will ever give you shit for asking questions, and if they do we'll beat them with the sharp end of some very shitty sticks.
    Do make sure there's no paracetamol in them - not good for rhe liver especially when there's alcohol around
    i was so ill when i tried these, omg
    smokin weed can potentiate the (slight) euphoric effects afaik

personally id mix them with alcohol but for the reasons mentioned above it is pretty unwise, i love my downer buzzes tho!

dont be takin too many or the itchyness will get ya!! :crazyeyes
    when i used to take them id have 5 or 6 with alcohol no probs, but sometimes itching would be crazy.

I cant remember if you can get 60mg tabs that are NOT modified-release, i dont think so. i snap mine in half to break the coating.
    i had 60's a while back and they looked and felt fine, were just white tabs as far as i remember, no special coating or anything
    me likey.
    Haha yeah come to think of it I was pretty itchy that night. Slept like a baby though! I had just normal white tabs too.

How much would a dosage would be 'dangerous' with this stuff? From a purely observational point of view, I don't plan on taking 10 at once or anything stupid.
    http://codeine.50g.com/

This page is a fantastic resource, clear information including dosage guidelines.
    z- wrote: »
    i had 60's a while back and they looked and felt fine, were just white tabs as far as i remember, no special coating or anything

You wont tell its there. Mine are just a long oval shape and theyre smooth rather than chalky (like paracetamol).
    Whatever anyway, im just pretty sure an instant release 60mg tablet doesnt exist.