Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guitar Techniques

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi there all
not had a computer for a long time, virus got to it, destoyed everything on it
so i;ve lost alot of work, pics etc but thats not what i;m posting for
i couldn't find a music section so i decided to post here
basically i'm learning 2 songs on my guitar atm and i wondered if anyone has any advice for speeding up my finigers and picking

the songs i'm learning are less the jake-all my best friends are metal heads and alter bridge-buried alive
both quite fast songs and i'm not playing them quite fast enough yet and my bands practice is in a weeks time and as i chose the 2 songs i need to learn them to perfections pretty quick

thanks all
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try learning some scales.

But as Bungle has said, practice is the key.
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    As they said. It sucks, but practise makes perfect. You'll suddenly hear yourself getting better.
    i've been practising scales and it doesn't seem to work on getting my fingers any quicker
    hmmmm, have to practise alot more
    Honestly just practice practice practice. i know it sounds boring but speed will come with confidence. Eventually your fingers will get so used to making the shapes that you dont even think about it
    Yeah,Ive been trying to learn Mr Brownstone,Nightrain and Sweet Child of Mine for what seems like years!!!!
    I know how you feel whe you keep playing them over and over again and it never seems to get any better.:banghead:
    But as has been said before practice as much as possible at a comfortable easy speed so you can play it perfectly.Then build the speed up slowly and keep dropping it back then up again to cement it into your hands.
    well
    just found out we've got a gig tomorrow and i've pretty much got the less than jake song down but i don't think we'll be playing the alter bridge
    now i've got to phone up my mates ska band and ask if they want to come and paly that song with us

also anyone from around southampton?
    cos if u are we might be playing a gig at the joiners soon
    Idk if we can yet but its possible YAY