Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

East Coast Australia at Christmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi All,

Right, on 7th December I am going to Australia. I'll be in Sydney for New Year and that's all sorted.

But the question is, Christmas? Where?? Any ideas where would be good?

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sup.

I'm about to experience my first Australian Christmas this year aswell, haha should be different to say the least. :p
    I'm living up north in Queensland but my girlfriend's family are in Sydney so we might be going down that way for Xmas.
    I think anywhere in Australia would be cool for Christmas... somewhere on the coast so you can experience the beach parties and BBQ's. Christmas is in the height of summer over here, and the further north you go - the hotter it gets. Sydney has some nice beaches, but if you want Miami style beach towns and tropical paradises, come up to Queensland.
    There's the Gold Coast which is just south of Brisbane, or the Sunshine Coast (where I live), just north of Brisbane. If you come up here and I'm not in Sydney, you can join us for an Xmas beach party! :D
    Another option is Melbourne. I haven't been yet but it has a reputation as being the nightlife and party capital of Australia (although that's not saying alot - nightlife is pretty poor here compared to the UK, fuck I miss the clubs of London and Brighton). It's also meant to be quite cultural and has excellent shopping.
    Whooop I'm going to Oz in 2 weeks and will be spending Xmas and New Year there as well :)

Haven't sorted what I'm doing for Xmas and New Year, but found this, which looks good:

http://www.surfsidebackpackers.com.au/index.cfm?Encrypt=1&Pass=163D22310B0D062D09042E583A3A3C38200017543A1F1A3F0017211B0878595A

On Bondi Beach for Xmas - Happy Days :)
    Yeah Bondi Beach would be cool. Another place that I forgot about in my last post is Byron Bay.
    It's not far from Sydney, just a few hours north near the Queensland border and is well known for it's beauty, partying and great atmosphere. Check it out online if you haven't heard of it. There's a near by Hippy community aswell, at a place called Nimbin where all your illegal needs are available. ;)
    Yes i was going to suggest Byron Bay as well - there are lots of cool places to stay and its chilled out and beautiful - but you will need to book somewhere ASAP as i think things get pretty booked up over christmas.

Another alternative could be sailing in the whitsundays but i suspect that is a really expensive option.