Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

am i a bit obessed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who am i kidding! course i am....

I cannot stop thinking about sex...i'm fantising about anyone and nearly everyone, i'm having to get myself off about 6 times a day on some days, and its driving me slightly insane! I can't seem to see anyone remotely attractive without ending up wet and its really getting in the way of being mates with some of my more sexualy desirable friends....

someone said i should just go and have some good sex...but its not like i'm getting very many offers any more. and even so...

I've always have a very high sex drive, but how do i make it tone down just a bit?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cold shower?
    It's probably just hormones going a bit doolally. Do something that satisfies you that isn't sexual. Maybe something preferably physical like exercise or dance.
    You're a bit obsessed with sex? Tell us something we don't know! :p

You're just a horny young woman, there's not much you can do about it other than go get laid.
    I think the idea of trying to do other things or distract yourself could help. I don't know, I have to put up with something of the same myself sometimes and it's not great. I asked the people on askthesite and they didn't really get my problem I think and told me to make masturbation more fulfilling rather than just the quickies. I asked someone about anti depressants as well as they supposedly kill your libido but its not that its the physical side, so it would be like being horny but no solution.

Worst thing is after you get some relief you need it again 10 minutes later, it can be thought of as amusing sure but when you feel 'trapped' because you can't do anything without the desire coming on.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    other than go get laid.

Which i think she stated she was having problems with.
    I agree with shyboy, you should masturbate more often to try tame that beast inside you!
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I agree with shyboy, you should masturbate more often to try tame that beast inside you!

Hasnt been working for me.
    MrG wrote: »
    Hasnt been working for me.

Hahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    CoolMe wrote: »

Well I thought that wasn't the best advice that was given really, but was often advice that was banded about. The problem is you can feel like you're dependant on it almost. Like 'I'm going to go out now, but oshit, I need to have a wank first'. It's not really a positive thing but more of something you have to do and when your sex drive is really high, something you have to do very frequently. It doesn't get rid of the desire that's deeper though.

I reckon there's a herbal extract out there you could eat that would calm your libido down but I don't know what it is!

edit: I was searching for this a few months ago, it can be quite a common problem but it's not one that's heard about a lot. I read on a lot of forums where some husbands hated their sex drive because it was making their wife fall out with them but there isn't really a solution other than 'suck it in'. Equally though it could be the other way, it's not just when people are single, I think an overactive sex drive can be as much a problem as underactive sex drive.

example: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8572814.aspx
    i don't want to lower it, i just want to bloody satisfy my consistant urges. i'll start with a better vibe and if not, i might end up going down the one night stand route... just as a means to and end...and a bit of fun
    Invest in a rabbit?
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Invest in a rabbit?

Ergh. Vibrators are so weird. A semi-solid plastic or silicone cylinder vacillating and undulating inside of you, perhaps in a robust phugoid motion.

Urgh, it reminds me of surgery. I don't know how you ladies handle it.
    twisted_trinity, you should read Girl With A One Track Mind by Abby Lee. It may not help much but at least you'll realise you're not the only one who has this problem ;)
    junker wrote: »
    Ergh. Vibrators are so weird. A semi-solid plastic or silicone cylinder vacillating and undulating inside of you, perhaps in a robust phugoid motion.

Or in english..... A vibrating dick with added clit relief
    Or in english..... A vibrating dick with added clit relief

minus the mess
    junker wrote: »

Well, it gets us off and we don't have to give it a blow job afterwards, so quite easily.
    :lol: Potw contender?
    got a rabbit... its a bit... unrabbit like.... doesn't hugely get it and its very noisy... doesn't provide anywhere near the same kind of stimulation that a guy/girl does....

maybe its the intimacy that i'm craving more than the sex....
    maybe its the intimacy that i'm craving more than the sex....

Wow do I understand that. Well talking as somebody who hasn't had intimate sex in... too long... I find masturbation just doesn't fill the addiction. Its just a cheap hit to keep me going for the real thing.

Though I'm quite sure this is different for most people and especially between girls and guys.

But anyways, you live in london right... (jk)
    go_away wrote: »
    Well, it gets us off and we don't have to give it a blow job afterwards, so quite easily.

lmao, i missed this!
    i seem to be sexualising everything at the moment...

does it seem weird to want to spend most if not all of your spare time fucking and doing other sexual acts...?
    someone said i should just go and have some good sex...but its not like i'm getting very many offers any more. and even so...
    wtf? You're female and in London! Go to a club, find a sexy guy, start talking to him and good chance you'll get action. Or if you just want sex tonight drop me a PM..!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    dunc2008 wrote: »
    Or if you just want sex tonight drop me a PM..!

Errrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, how about no?!

Don't try and pick people up on here, it ain't the place.
    JsT wrote: »

seriously...don't....i have the mental scarring to prove it!
    JsT wrote: »

Wow, thought that'd have obviously been seen as a joke..! Will never use the internet for sex/dating 'cos it just seems un-natural / artificial.
    Wow, thought that'd have obviously been seen as a joke..! Will never use the internet for sex/dating 'cos it just seems un-natural / artificial.

Yeah, I thought the joke was pretty obvious too!!
    you think that but i suppose because i've done it a lot, a first date (and following one if they happen) can at first seem quite artificial and forced and uneasy...people seem to have less inhabitions on the net
    You are not 'obsessed'. It is the rest of society which is a bit uptight. If people were more honest we would find that almost all males and most females feel the same way - or similarly at the very least.

The internet has to be better than the workplace, which used to be the primary means of making all forms of social contact.
    i think internet dating is a good way to start something that you can then continue in real life if there is a connection.

TT - i think it normal to want sex when you can't have it, it's psycological. You know, like giving chocolate for lent or a diet makes you want it more.