Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

moving schools at the start of year 11 ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
my mum wants to move house so that means moving schools as well. im just about to start year 11 next week. i know that its a stupid time to move me but hey this is my mum and she doesn't care about my education after all she says im thick as shit all the time. will i be able to carry on in year 11 ? will i be carry on taking the same subjects ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It all depends on what the school offers.

I would highly not recommend moving in the last year of schooling!

You and your mum need to contact the school and see if they have any places in year 11 (they are bound too) and see if they will accept the studies you've done in year 10.

One thing though, You might get a lot of people saying 'It's really silly to move in the last year of school' I know I did it when we had someone who moved into year 11.

Good luck though!
  • Options
    It's completely possibly to move, lots of people do although there are the obvious draw backs.

Some move into year 11, sometimes you can redo year 10 to make things work better. Once you know where you're moving to then you and your mum need to get all the details of the subjects your currently doing, which syllabus, which exam boards etc and then get in touch with the new local schools and find out what they can do to help.

Moving is rarely a quick process, you might find that by the time it's all sorted out it's May and your exams are almost over anyway. If that's the case then you might be able to find a local friend/neighbour who'll have you during the week stay while you finish your exams