Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Recovering after an Attack

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A close friend of mine was seriuosly attacked last year by 6 Yobs who beat him and left him fighting for his life. He was in a coma for 12days and everyone was convinced any minute during that time it was going to turn into a murder case. He pulled him self though and now after a year he is still very restricted in what he can do, He cant drink or go out to Loud places, cant drive , cant work ....... & for someone who is 20 this is very hard. He is blind in one eye also & get slight memory loss problems. Lately ive been trying to get him to come out to places which he feels comfortable and spend time trying to do normal things. He has recently been telling me how he get thoughts of ending it all as he cant see himself getting though it and to make it worse the thugs who did this got 6months in prison and are already out living there normal lives again. What can I say to him to try and ease this?? :no: :no: :no:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally, I would leave this to the professionals. All you can do is be there to love and reassure him. Dwell on the good things in life and endeavour to make him laugh as much as possible.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Have to agree. He sounds like he needs some professional advice and support.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    JsT wrote: »
    Have to agree. He sounds like he needs some professional advice and support.

:yes: has anyone mentioned Victim Support to him? Perhaps you could print out some info for him and encourage him to ring the helpline.

I hope things start to improve soon. *hugs*