Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much time do you spend together?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A question mainly posed at those in a relationship but do not live with their OH.

By time together I mean during the working week, weekends, evenings, spare time. That kinda shiz.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    About 3 times a week. This is whilst we're living pretty close to eachother too. It works out pretty well :)
    Do you find yourself wishing to spend more time with them?
    Yup but he works crazy hours at a cinema so I know I can't see him as much as I'd want to. But I try and look on the bright side in that I think it gives us both more independence and we aren't joined at the hip. The quality of the time stops me (most of the time) from going all crappy and irrational about things. Do you not see your boyfriend so often then?
    Yup but he works crazy hours at a cinema so I know I can't see him as much as I'd want to. But I try and look on the bright side in that I think it gives us both more independence and we aren't joined at the hip. The quality of the time stops me (most of the time) from going all crappy and irrational about things. Do you not see your boyfriend so often then?

Cheap cinema tickets?
    Yup :) He's a supervisor so sometimes I get in free.
    We're supposed to be split but things are at an odd place at the moment. Neither fully on or fully off. It's hard...
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    We're supposed to be split but things are at an odd place at the moment. Neither fully on or fully off. It's hard...

Oh that's sad to hear. I think its easy to compare the time you spend with your boyfriend with other people and feel that yours is lacking but I really do think it's quality rather than quantity. As long as you are both happy and eal with any insecurities that crop up. If it's a bit one sided and you really aren't happy or satisfied by the amount of time that you do spend together than I guess that is when you should be worrying. But insecurities do crop up now and again, you just have to rate how important it is in the long run.
    Thanks for the reply :) I've got loads to say, it's just hard to decide what I want advice on really :o
    it's cool, i hope things work out whatever happens :)
    Thanks...

It's not going to be simple this one. Damn love, makes everything so much more ruddy complicated!
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Thanks...

It's not going to be simple this one. Damn love, makes everything so much more ruddy complicated!

Annoying isnt it.

If I'm out with people 90% of the time my boyfriend is there too. I'm just sad like that and don't have many friends anymore.
    Weekends. But even that varies. Sometimes it'll be Saturday afternoon - Monday morning, other times it will be Saturday night - Sunday night. This weekend it was Saturday morning - about an hour and a half ago.

Occasionally we see each other during the week. This week is our 2 year anniversary and I actually have the day off so he took it off too and is coming on Wednesday night til Friday morning.

We do wish we could see each other more and we realised recently that it's the not seeing much of each other that causes the most tension in the relationship.
    Um, every single day, but that's cause we live together. Most we've spent apart in about 18 months has been two periods of 5 days.
    Now imagine everyone vanishes one day.
    I see him pretty much every day, sometimes it can be 5/6 times a week though but it depends on how busy we are.
    I live close to my OH, we spend most of the weekends together at the moment, that will change when the footie season starts up again! During the week maybe 1/2 nights, depends if theres anything going on.

I think spending too much time together can ruin relationships, think we've got a nice healthy balance at moment.

I think spending too much time together can ruin relationships, think we've got a nice healthy balance at moment.

I think that depends on the people in the relationship.
    squeal wrote: »
    I think that depends on the people in the relationship.
    I don't, think spending time away from your OH makes the time better you do spend together.
    How long you being with your OH? And how long have you spent most days with them?
    I don't, think spending time away from your OH makes the time better you do spend together.
    How long you being with your OH? And how long have you spent most days with them?

I've been with him nearly 4 years now and we see each other pretty much every day at night and most weekends. Obviously that varies from time to time but we usually see one another a decent amount of time and that's how we like it.
    Not enough :( at weekends, sometimes every weekend, sometimes every other weekend, sometimes not for a few weeks. We are in a LDR though so that's why. I understand what Lickalotapuss means though as I really appreciate the time I get with him and don't take it for granted.
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I really appreciate the time I get with him and don't take it for granted.

Neither do I. I always appreciate it because you never know what is around the corner which is why I let him know how much I love him each and every day.
    Neither do I. I always appreciate it because you never know what is around the corner which is why I let him know how much I love him each and every day.

:sour:

;)
    g_angel wrote: »
    :sour:

;)

:razz:
    :razz:

I :heart: U 2