Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Incense smoke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's just another thing that causes cancer. I'm not surprised in a way because burning something can make it carcinogenic. I'm not 100% sure how it works but lots of things that have been burned or cook do it. Look at chips, they have acrylamide in them. It's something to do with the high temperatures causing chemical changes to certain safe compounds to make them into dangerous / carcinogenic compounds. I bet you'd find a heap load of carcinogens if you breathe any kind of smoke fumes in.

Interesting... http://www.burningissues.org/smoke.htm
    The U.S. EPA estimates the cancer risk from wood smoke is twelve times greater than that from equal amounts of tobacco smoke.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure how it works but lots of things that have been burned or cook do it.

I 'think' it's all to do with free radicals.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    It's just another thing that causes cancer. ]

Everything either causes cancer or helps your heart. But every year they switch. Just gotta keep a schedule of whats good an what will kill you and you'll live forever!
    Everything either causes cancer or helps your heart. But every year they switch. Just gotta keep a schedule of whats good an what will kill you and you'll live forever!

I read about a cure for cancer last night but supposedly because it's not patented nobody is really interested. Conspiracy theory....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloroacetic_acid#Potential_cancer_applications
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I 'think' it's all to do with free radicals.

Ssssh! Don't mention 'free' radicals or this fuckin' government will find a way to tax 'em!
    So, breathing in smoke increases the risk of cancer. The phrase "no shit Sherlock" springs to mind...
    Stating the obvious, religous groups using it for meditation doesn't mean it isn't harmful
    there are far many ways to get cancer than burning incense sticks.Its just a media hype.the benefits of incense is far more than its side-effects.