Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting asked for ID

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Exactly. Bar staff seem to manage it even though they're serving hundreds of people a night. I don't care about being asked for ID, but the same person every time would piss me off.

LOL when I worked in a pub there was one guy I'd always ask and then remember him when I saw his ID - oops its you again! :blush:
    I don't mind being asked, but very rarely happens.

Standards are definitely getting higher though, as pre turning 18 I never got asked, between 18 and 21 was asked 3 times, and now I get asked quite a lot.

When I was 16/17 was friends with some guys a couple of years older than me, I never got asked and they always did, used to royally piss them off.
    i only ever get asked when i don't have it, typical :grump:

i don't mind in some places where maybe people have managers looking over their back, a lot of the time you get people saying you look overage but they cant serve you cuz they'll get in trouble, fair enough

then you get the cunts like SG who get some sort of pleasure out of it!! weirdos!
    I don't mind being asked, but very rarely happens.

Standards are definitely getting higher though, as pre turning 18 I never got asked, between 18 and 21 was asked 3 times, and now I get asked quite a lot.

When I was 16/17 was friends with some guys a couple of years older than me, I never got asked and they always did, used to royally piss them off.
    Morrisons check anyone who looks under 25 now, but I think they're the only one and everywhere else checks if they look under 21.
    Morrisons check anyone who looks under 25 now, but I think they're the only one and everywhere else checks if they look under 21.

nah, asda is 'challenge 25' too. feel so stupid sometimes :/
    I don't mind getting asked for I.D usually because I know I look young. It's the way that the bouncers/bar staff at bars feel the need to get a kick out of intimidating me for it. I show them a valid I.D (my provisional driving license) after them being smarmy about it, then they actually feel the need to ask me my birth date. It says right there! Then they take about 5 minutes to work out that being born in 87 actually makes me 21.
    I've been ID'd once since turning 18 which was the day after my bday in a supermarket buying alcohol for the first time, even though it was for someone else. Never been ID'd in any bars or little shops.
    man, i got ID'd for a lotto ticket AND cigarettes on the same day, by the same woman, at a local shop I've been going to since I was like, 7 years old. And i'm 24.

I get ID'd in pubs from time to time, but, having had the 'pleasure' of tending bar before, I kinda have sympathy for the rotten no-good bastards who ID me.
    man, i got ID'd for a lotto ticket AND cigarettes on the same day, by the same woman, at a local shop I've been going to since I was like, 7 years old. And i'm 24.

I get ID'd in pubs from time to time, but, having had the 'pleasure' of tending bar before, I kinda have sympathy for the rotten no-good bastards who ID me.

Once y have worked in a bar, and not just for a few shifts here and there, like A LOT of the time, you gain an understanding of what its like.
    Was in Wetherspoons the other week with my 18-19 yr old mates (I'm 22) and not only did they ID us all, every single time we ordered from the bar, but whilst we were sat at the table too. It's ridiculous.

Oh and the only one they scanned, was mine. As if I'd need a fake ID at 22. Rudeness.
    Was in Wetherspoons the other week with my 18-19 yr old mates (I'm 22) and not only did they ID us all, every single time we ordered from the bar, but whilst we were sat at the table too. It's ridiculous.

Oh and the only one they scanned, was mine. As if I'd need a fake ID at 22. Rudeness.

me and my mates went at 8pm once, drinking till 10, then they came over and asked for ID

we were sat with a load of empties, and pointed out that SHE had been serving us for the past 2 hours

she insisted on ID....we all showed ours, bar my 20yr old mate who hadnt got it, so she said "fine i'll drink coke" and was then told rather snottilly that "children had to leave at 9" considering it was 10, she was a bit fuckin late!

we called the manager over, who had indeed seen my friends ID a few times, but he told us that as a member of his team had asked to see ID, it had to be shown!

idiots
    Littleali wrote: »
    we called the manager over, who had indeed seen my friends ID a few times, but he told us that as a member of his team had asked to see ID, it had to be shown!

idiots

Its an offence to serve someone who doesnt have ID on their person when they are challenged for it, no matter if you know them or not.

So its the government you should be having a go at, not people for following the rules.

As for someone else asking about the birthdate, bouncers sometimes do this incase you use a similar looking mates/siblings ID, or made a different birthday for a fake ID, and unable to recall it at random.
    I get asked for ID all the time (at least once each time I go out and always in supermarkets) and I'm 25. It doesn't bother me in the slightest now but I used to hate it when I was 18.
    MrG wrote: »

As for someone else asking about the birthdate, bouncers sometimes do this incase you use a similar looking mates/siblings ID, or made a different birthday for a fake ID, and unable to recall it at random.

Haha Sunday night I had to recite my DOB and address of my drivers lisence in bar when I've been able to get served in since I was 15 (now nearly 19). Then the bouncer decided to take the piss and make me spell my town backwards. I blame the drink for my stupidness in being unable to do it when its only 5 letters long :lol::blush: