Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boris Johnson on Sky news

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Talking about the olympics, "pingpong is coming home"

That was such a funny press conference.
I will post a transcript when it comes online.

Heres a video from the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7580165.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That was hilarious!

That's why I voted for him :)
    Its quite amusing.... but it's probably made London the laughing stock of the world. The blokes a nutter!
    Renzo wrote: »
    Its quite amusing.... but it's probably made London the laughing stock of the world.

Boris didn't make London a laughing stock, but the London segment of the closing ceremony did. Cringeworthy and crap. It was like watching the remedial class segment of a school play.

Boris was funny as hell in that interview. I watched it live. Funny hearing Gordon Brown's response to his speech, sarcastically thanking him for helping with Britains relations with China. Boris for PM!
    The Olympics is coming home! :D:D:D
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    The Olympics is coming home! :D:D:D

I thought they were going to London, not Athens :p
    that ceremony was shit, they should of had a vandalised red bus surrounded by people fighting, a donner kebab cooking thing, people holding beer cans and vomiting and smug politicans with cunt written on their foreheads with idiotic dance music in the background.
    minimi38 wrote: »
    that ceremony was shit, they should of had a vandalised red bus surrounded by people fighting, a donner kebab cooking thing, people holding beer cans and vomiting and smug politicans with cunt written on their foreheads with idiotic dance music in the background.

They were going to, but that bus turned up late.
    b7f0jm.jpg
    I can't believe we have to look at that shite logo for 4 years as well. Ever since someone pointed out to me that it looks like a blowjob, that's all I see. What an embarrassment. The London organisers should be strung up by the balls.
    I think most if not all logo designs would have had at least someone thinking bad things towards it.
    MrG wrote: »
    I think most if not all logo designs would have had at least someone thinking bad things towards it.

Don't agree. On the BBC they had an alternative logo competition where people could send in their entries. Every single one, bar none, were better than thar heap of shite. I can't believe someone thought that logo was a good idea. Worse still was they didn't listen to any of the huge negative public reaction.
    It's the colour more than anything. They couldn't have picked worse colours. It looks okay as the union flag.

2012logoWEB.jpg

olympicslogoeg4.gif

london2012_logo.jpg
    Incidentally, are any of the others especially brilliant?

210px-1992summerolympicslogo.svg.png

200px-1996summerolympicslogo.jpg

sydney2000.gif

athens-2004-olympics.gif

Img214070082.jpg

Why the hell did they piss about with the colour scheme? Ever other logo uses the colours from the 5 rings, but we have to go with lapdance club pink.
    Addict wrote: »
    Don't agree. On the BBC they had an alternative logo competition where people could send in their entries. Every single one, bar none, were better than thar heap of shite. I can't believe someone thought that logo was a good idea. Worse still was they didn't listen to any of the huge negative public reaction.

Not sure about bar non - I could imagine the goatse one that made it on the news causing some problems if they'd used it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ANHDwEss08

Mind you, it is better than the official one.
    Goatse?
    Best have a look on wikipedia, and dont use the internet at work or library to do it!
    Incidentally, are any of the others especially brilliant?

actually, from a graphical point of view, yes.

beijing one is simplistic, looks good, fits the olympic 'brand', and actually means something. The worst one out of these is the barcelona one, but i havn't researched to see if it actually represents something.
    I'm a big fan of Japan's logo

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6980
    Jim V wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Japan's logo

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6980

yeah its cool. the obvious choice, but it works.

i understand the need to have a logo that fits the times. (Years later you can see that the barcelona looks typically early-90s with the drop shadow, and the 60s ones look so suitable.)

But the new london one looks so poor in comparision. A bit of a shame really.