Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Persistant cold...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 2/3 weeks ago on the penultimate night of house-sitting a friends abode, I seemed to have a massive allergic reaction to her animals (2 dogs and a cat). I seem to have a cat allergy (since being at uni) and even my own cats make me itchy and wheezy.

Well this allergy flare up included about 2hrs sneezing on/off, nose being blocked, and then runny. Eyes streaming. The whole shebang.

Since then, I can't seem to shift it. It's like a constant common cold. I'm getting through tissues like they're going out of fashion.

Is it just taking me a while to get over it? Anything else I can try other than the usual cold remedies?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was wondering if, since you returned, you were wearing a cardigan or some clothes you hadn't put in the wash because any trace of dog or cat fur would still be on them.

This allergy sounds to me as if your body's immune system has, since you came home, been triggered to react maybe even to pollen, which in turn continues to cause a form of hay fever. I suggest you visit your doctor and see if he/she can help. :)

Poppi