Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

strange feelings when out in public

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sometimes when I'm out in public, I feel really aggressive and start to have violent thoughts. i don't know why, but sometimes I have to try hard to contain myself.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ilipintt wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm out in public, I feel really aggressive and start to have violent thoughts. i don't know why, but sometimes I have to try hard to contain myself.

Is this normal?

It doesn't sound normal but you haven't given much additional information. I would suggest that you have a chat with someone to find out why you are getting these feelings. There is bound to be some deep-rooted anxiety that is causing this and once you have identified what this is, you're most of the way to getting it sorted out.
    i felt like that at school. i had quite violent fantasies/daydreams.i think it might be anxiety related, perhaps a way of gaining control, when anxiety is about the loss of control.
    without scaring you too much, it developed into worse things. so i would suggest talking to you GP perhaps, or someone from the Samaritans, or Mind. They know about all sorts of issues. on a personal note, i talked to the Samaritans in my darkest times, and it helped a bit. Kind of like a diary entry with feedback!
    It doesn't sound normal but you haven't given much additional information. I would suggest that you have a chat with someone to find out why you are getting these feelings

Thanks, but I don't trust health care professionals. I think they only just say their own personal opinions.
    Thanks, but I don't trust health care professionals. I think they only just say their own personal opinions.

Maybe, but their personal opinion is a lot more informed than that of the general public. Their opinion will (usually) be based in medical fact and will therefore be helpful in determining your problem.
    Do you act out on these thoughts? Do you have to do everything you can to contain them, or are they just thoughts?

But, consider seeing a doc.
    i often feel like going mental at people if its particularly crowded, makes me feel so stressed. Its not much fun.

Have you tried rescue remedy?
    Do you act out on these thoughts?

not really? why?

And what is rescue remedy?
    Rescue Remedy is like a herbal liquid that you drop in your mouth and it helps calm you down, it also comes in tablets I believe. http://www.rescueremedy.co.uk/
    Rescue Remedy = homeopathic scam.

Get some Kalms or Valerian root caps.
    Rescue Remedy = homeopathic scam.

Get some Kalms or Valerian root caps.

rescue remedy works well for a lot of people.

Kalms is much stronger, its more like a drug and gives me a comedown afterwards
    and its herbalism, not homeopathy which is completely different, so if you want to be completely dismissive of something, get your facts right first
    rescue remedy works well for a lot of people.

Kalms is much stronger, its more like a drug and gives me a comedown afterwards

The effects of 'Rescue Remedy' are entirely placebo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_Remedy

Kalms feels like a drug because it is a drug and has an actual effect (it's mostly Valerian extract).
    and its herbalism, not homeopathy which is completely different, so if you want to be completely dismissive of something, get your facts right first

Get yours straight love. Rescue Remedy is homeopathic and herbal, they're not mutally exclusive.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Rescue Remedy is like a herbal liquid that you drop in your mouth and it helps calm you down, it also comes in tablets I believe. http://www.rescueremedy.co.uk/

Thanks, but I don't really believe in New Age stuff.
    The effects of 'Rescue Remedy' are entirely placebo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_Remedy

Kalms feels like a drug because it is a drug and has an actual effect (it's mostly Valerian extract).

yes i get all my facts from wikepedia too
    yes i get all my facts from wikepedia too

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12635462
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11474820

That better for you? Wikipedia may have it's faults but it's better than getting your 'facts' from what seems to be nowhere, or a manufacturer of new-age guff.
    Pringle wrote: »
    Maybe, but their personal opinion is a lot more informed than that of the general public. Their opinion will (usually) be based in medical fact and will therefore be helpful in determining your problem.

lol...really? I doubt it.
    Hmm, so you don't do new-age stuff and you don't trust health professionals? Well they're the only things we've got. I suggest the latter.

Incidentally, the placebo effect is still an effect. Just not one worth spending a fortune one.
    lol...really? I doubt it.

Wow! Just wow. You come on here, ask for help and then reject everyone's suggestions. You don't want help, you just want attention. That's just sad.
    No, I was just questioning your point that doctors use medical fact for their judgements.

But I think I know how to control it so thanks anyway.
    Hmm, so you don't do new-age stuff and you don't trust health professionals?

Is there any reason I should?
    Well they're the only things we've got. I suggest the latter.

OK, but I think I've sorted it out now.
    ilipinnt are you always this dismissive?
    No. Why do you ask?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    For what it's worth, I find that rescue remedy works wonders. I have taken it when getting stressed at people and it worked for me. Kalms didn't.

Differen't strokes and all that.
    OK, but as I said I think New Age is nonsense. No offence though.
    Is there any reason I should?

Not really. But you're the one asking for help. Doesn't make a shite of difference to my day.
    Not really. But you're the one asking for help. Doesn't make a shite of difference to my day.

ok then.