Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CV - do you need to include employment dates?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Because I have done a lot of temping it will probably look shit so I was wondering if I could get away with putting down just the jobs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You do really but you could put for example:

January 2008 - Present: Various temporary assignments, duties involving.....

and just go on to explain which skills etc have been used over the duration.

Hope this helps.
    firesilk wrote: »

Hope this helps.

:yes: and if it's through an agency you could always say which one if you wanted to.

Otherwise how would they know you didn't do the jobs about 20 years ago?
    firesilk wrote: »

Hope this helps.

:yes: If you did any particualar long term temp jobs (9 months or more, say) put those seperatly if it helps highlight certain skills. My last temp job lasted a year in the same role so its seperate from my current, short term and very different temp job.
    If you were working for one agency just put the whole time down and the agency name and then detail the different jobs underneath.

If you go for a job that you need to be security cleared for you may need to get more specific, otherwise it shouldn't matter.