Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hairdressers :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do they never do what I ask! I take in a picture every time and come out with something completely different! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I say this to my sister (whos a hairdresser) and she just says that it's cos people come in with like a picture of a hairstyle which is impossible to be done out of their current hair style. And people are never happy because their hair doesn't look like the hair in the picture they brought it but a lot of the time she said its like mission impossible.

But then again, she is useless!
    It was just a picture of a side fringe! And I've come out with one much shorter than the picture!

I know it won't look the same on me and people have hair that does different things, but every time I seem to come out with something completely different than what I've asked for :crying:
    Are you going back to the same place each time?
    I usually ask for much less cut off than I want and tell my hairdresser with my fringe, that I'd like it dried before she finishes the cut...that way she can take more off when it's dried. :thumb:
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Are you going back to the same place each time?

Lol no, I just always seem to get bad haircuts! I normally pay about £20 so maybe I need to start going to better places
    Yeah, I used to get the same problem - ended up going to Vidal Sassoon out of desperation and lo and behold, got the exact haircut I wanted. I don't go there any more though, I've found somewhere that's not as expensive as that but just as good - Creation on City Road in Cardiff, if you fancy trying it out. It's a pain though, I've had many a disastrous haircut in my time!
    Yeah, I used to get the same problem - ended up going to Vidal Sassoon out of desperation and lo and behold, got the exact haircut I wanted. I don't go there any more though, I've found somewhere that's not as expensive as that but just as good - Creation on City Road in Cardiff, if you fancy trying it out. It's a pain though, I've had many a disastrous haircut in my time!

Oh I used to go to Creation on Whitchurch Rd, its annoying having to travel into Cardiff for a haircut! It will be worth it if I can get what I want though
    I know, but I could never find anywhere in Ponty that cut my hair how I liked. I remember going to Lazarou once...the cut wasn't too bad but they couldn't straighten my hair at all. I came home and did it far better myself :rolleyes:
    I know, but I could never find anywhere in Ponty that cut my hair how I liked. I remember going to Lazarou once...the cut wasn't too bad but they couldn't straighten my hair at all. I came home and did it far better myself :rolleyes:

Thats where I went! LOL
    :lol: Might have known!
    I went there 4 years ago and it was good so I thought I'd go there again! I guess I'll be visiting Cardiff for my next hair butchering sesh. Meanwhile I'll have a go with the scissors tonight lol
    It is ridiculous how much haircuts cost these days to be fair. One thing you could do is call up Toni and Guy Essensuals, they do trainee nights where you get your hair cut by a trainee and it only costs a fiver. I had that done a few times and always got a really nice haircut. I think they do it on Wednesday nights but they recommend you go in for a consultation first.
    Ah wicked! I've had my hair done by a trainee before and it was always good, much better than the last two times. But once I went and asked for chunky blonde panels underneath so they peeped out and I came out with ginger highlights all over my head! They wouldn't even redo it for free because it was a trainee even though he'd clearly fucked up
    :eek2: Not good! I've never had colour done by a trainee...far too scary. But a cut I'd be happy with, they always did a good job.
    I gave up with hairdressers 5 years ago when one dyed my hair black and razor cut it, when I asked to not have it razored and for it to be brown...

When I need a haircut I travel 5 hours back to my home town, and its well worth it. She does what I ask