Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Off the pill - could not be happier.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A serious weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Who would've thought the pill could make someone so uncharacteristically snappy and short tempered.

I feel like my old chilled out self again :D:yes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yippe:
    I felt totally different when I came off the pill too, I didn't realise how much it can change you. I hated the thing.
    I'll have to consider that, then.
    I've been off the pill for 8 weeks now, and I'm completely different. I'm no longer snapping at everyone, picking arguments, obsessively hungry, crying all the time.
    I'm now late for my second period, as was my firsst, but I guess it's to be expected.

The only thing bad, about coming off the pill is not having the control over when you're on. Apart from that, it's been the best decision I've made in years.
    Exactly how I feel Ilora-Danon. The non control of periods is a bit of a shame but I'd rather be elated and suprised then grumpy and planned!
    Glad to hear it! I remember one pill I went on I went crazy over everything. I'd call my dad just bawling my eyes out because I got a blister from some new shoes.
    You guys are really making me want to come off the pill now but I don't want to go back to using condoms and am not sure I like the idea of any of the alternatives (like the implant etc) :( I'm sick of taking the stupid pill.
    StupidGirl, I think if my sex life ever improves I'd look other options rather than the pill, but whilst it's still rather non-existant, I'll stick to condoms. As 'moment-spoiling' as they are ;)
    I totally agree - if I was single, I'd definitely come off it, but I'm in a long-term relationship and while I'd hardly describe our sex life as rampant, it's been a long time since we used condoms and the pill is just far more convenient. It does bug me though, I'm sure I'd feel a lot better if I came off it. It's not so much the spoiling of the moment that I don't like about condoms, it's just the feel/smell of them (weird I know) and the fact you can't really be as spontaneous as you might like. I know I'm whinging, it's just all such a bloody hassle! I so wish a male version of the pill could be developed...not that I would wish the side effects on my man, it'd just be nice if it was him that had to remember to take them every day and deal with the lovely Family Planning clinic appointments once in a while :yeees:
    Haha agreed.

After being on the pill for a few months and the weight it made me put Istopped taking it.

My boyfriend does his best to influence me going back on it because in the difference in sensitivity he gets but I always forget to take one somehwere along the line. I think his skin feels much nicer too :D

Again I dont like the thought of the implat or coil and EVERYONE says the injection makes you gain loads of weight so condoms it is :(
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    You guys are really making me want to come off the pill now but I don't want to go back to using condoms and am not sure I like the idea of any of the alternatives (like the implant etc) :( I'm sick of taking the stupid pill.

Same here. I had the coil put in after i had my son but a couple of year's after having it in i got rushed into hospital so i went back on the pill, so that is out of the question too
    StupidGirl wrote: »

There are plenty of other alternatives both hormonal and nonhormonal that don't include condoms. If the pill you are on is making you crazy or having adverse side effects there are plenty of other options. Including other pills too, each different one is likely to have different effects on you. One pill made me go crazy, but a couple other methods did not, including the pill I am on now.
    I'm having my implant removed some time in the next couple of weeks. I've not needed it for a while (more's the pity) but I'm sooooooo looking forward to shedding some weight. When I went on it I was a happy, curvy 9st and now i'm closer to 12ish. Not nice, and not completely down to it but it will be nice to have my emotions back in check too. Woohoo!
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I'll stick to condoms. As 'moment-spoiling' as they are ;)

Haha, that can be avoided with a bit of practice with putting them on with your mouth. Teehee.
    i was on the pill for 3 months and i ended up coming off it because it gave me SUCH bad mood swings. id get so angry about little stupid things it scared me! id go from being in the worst mood ever to being hyperactive in 15 minutes. it caused lots of problems between me and my ex and i didnt like feeling so not in control of my own emotions so i came off it. so much better. that was quite a few years ago, iv heard you should try different brands of pills and they might help but im just not that into the idea anymore :/
    I was on the pill for 5 years without noticing how badly it was affecting me. Now I'm not on it (having tests done for PCOS) I'm a totally different person. I can't believe I didn't notice how much the pill changed me; because I'd be on it so long, it didn't cross my mind that it wasn't 'normal' behaviour! lol.