Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cystitus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had cystitus for the first time ever back in May, and I took the sachets that you can get from any chemist, drank loads of water and all that, then after about 5 days it cleared up. I then got it again about a month and half ago. Did the same thing, but it didn't seem to go so went to the doctors and they gave me antibiotics for it. It became a lot better but it never felt like it went away completely. If ever I drank strong things like coke or alcohol it really hurt to pee afterwards, and then felt like I kept needing to pee. This went on for about a month, but I just avoided those drinks. But now I think I may have cystitus again! :( Why does it keep returning? And why does it never seem to go away completely, even after antibiotics from the doctors? I'm so fed up of water!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it's not going away properly then sounds like it's not been fully treated, which could well explain why it's coming back.

Are you sure it's not cystitis and not something else? It's definitely worth going back to the doctor, or possibly even better a GUM clinic and that's their area of expertise.