Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tragus: Did It Hurt?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm planning on having my tragus pierced in the few days, and was wondering what you all think about the pain aspect. Some say it's one of the most painful, yet others say it wasn't bad.

I've got a vertical tragus pierced, which is a surface piercing, not cartilage. It cained like a bitch on acid.

How was yours tragus?

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    i really want my tragus done too. I have a friend who had it done a few years back she said it didnt hurt much (but she's the sort to pretend)

This surface thing you're talking about whats that?

oh and sorry i couldnt answer the question!
  • Options
    You want you what done???
  • Options
    its the little nobbly bit on your ear!
  • Options
  • Options
    yes it hurt. But not terribly.
  • Options
    Ive got mine done. It was sore i think, i cant remember...so it couldnt have been that bad! I think my boyfriend's hand got the worst of it (from me squeezing it hehe).

What hurt the most was the next day i picked up the phone quickly and put it to my ear without remembering i had this new piercing...now that hurt!

Oh and the first night i woke up to find blood all over my face and in my ear...like loads. I must have knocked it in the night. That was yuck!

Just keep it clean, and you will be fine :)
  • Options
    My mate said it was just like a bee sting, although in the days afterwards it hurt she said.
  • Options
    i thought it didn't hurt at all. every other piercing i had hurt like hell but the tragus was nothing at all. except the noise it makes. a crunching sound and its right by your ear so its loud too :eek2:
  • Options
    :eek2: that looks like it would really hurt.
  • Options
    One of my teachers who had it done said it hurt quite a bit.
  • Options
    www.bmezine.com

www.tribalectic.com

best websites ive found for piercing info...

happy healing
  • Options
    I want thaaaat! Ive had the urge to have a piercing lately...dunno why, I just like it when you get something pierced, you can go around showing it off.

Not a bar thing though, just a small, discrete diamond stud thing.
  • Options
    ^^Tragus piercings are generally done with a small BCR - ring with ball in the middle. Or, sometimes you can have a straight barbell.

I wouldn't recommend ANYONE going to a hairdressers or anywhere that use a gun. Especially on a piercing like a tragus.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    ^^Tragus piercings are generally done with a small BCR - ring with ball in the middle. Or, sometimes you can have a straight barbell.
    Some people I know got it done with a small stud thing like I want. Looks nice. Wouldnt want a bar or ring. :yuck:
  • Options
    I had mine done about six months ago... I don't remember it hurting that much at the time, but the guy did it with a biiiigggg needle, and I can remember being quite consious of having it by my face, and go through my ear. It's quite easy to catch on things too, and sleeping on it was painful for a while.

soph xxx
  • Options
    its always best to have a piercing done using a ring though because then you can clean it alot better meaning it should heal faster :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    its always best to have a piercing done using a ring though because then you can clean it alot better meaning it should heal faster :)

agreed! thats exactly what i was going to say!

go for a hoop...a bar would stick out and be a nightmare to clean. Remember you can squish up the tragus to make the bar stick out more to clean it (make sense??) :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Some people I know got it done with a small stud thing like I want. Looks nice. Wouldnt want a bar or ring. :yuck:
    Then the people you know are twats. No offence.

Guns should NEVER be used. Nor should a stud be worn until AFTER the healing period.

The use of a gun on a piercing other than the lobe, is not recommended, and hair salons offering this service should be avoided. Yes, it's cheap but the results can be hideous.

Guns propell the stud through the tissue, breaking it up and shattering in the process. Which is why many people when have got no earrings in, can feel the hole with their fingers. Needles do not do this.

Studs do NOT allow room for swelling and as a result, they bury themselves inside the piercing causing extreme pain and infection. Sometimes resulting in a operation to remove the butterfly from inside the piercing.

I would recommend that you just get on with the BCR or not have it done at all.

If you're stupid enough to have it done with a gun and stud, so be it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Didn't hurt

So I had my Tragus pierced just a few hours ago. I have three lobe piercings, an upper one on my ear and a belly button and this was the least painfull. I was expecting it to be the most because it was the thickest part of cartilage ive had pierced but it felt like getting poked with a needle. The thing i was most worried about was hearing a so called crunch sound that some people said they hear, but I didn't and my tragus isn't really small. It doesn't hurt at all except for when I spin it. It was worth it and its over soooo fast.
  • Options
    My oh my, this is an old thread. My tragus piercing is now 4 years old and accompanied by a 3 year old tragus piercing on the other ear.

Dead Thread, Indeed.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Dead Thread, Indeed.

:yes: SSoccer.10 - welcome to TheSite :wave: Be sure to check the dates of threads before you post in them.
This discussion has been closed.