Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Personal References

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to provide some references for a job interview I have.

Only problem is, I need to provide a personal referee who has known me more than 5 years. It cant be a family member by blood or marriage and needs to be someone like a solicitor, doctor, bank manager or vicar etc....

Well i ain't been to church in my life (unless you count the one converted into a pub in Nottingham) :D

What should I do, I really want to go this interview ?

Fuck me TFL are worse than the CIA. :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have any friends who are a 'professional'? Even if they haven't known you five years they can lie :)
    Not got any friends or friends of friends who can vouch for you?
    I had my mates dad give me a reference oncee and he barely knows me..he's a quite highly regarded professional and so just gave them a load of bs about how amazing i am..it got me the job!
    Teachers will usually do too.

Some combination of that or friends parents. Anyone with a job with some kind of professional body will usually do the trick. Teacher, Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer, Police, Nurse, Engineer...
    Anyone with a job with some kind of professional body will usually do the trick. Teacher, Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer, Police, Nurse, Engineer...

Friends, or friends parents are a good idea.
    I got my friends mom who's a doctor to do it once.