Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Masturbation after cirmcumcision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

First off, I'd like to othank you for having me and in advance to answering my questions. Well, here it goes! I recently got a circumcision, I still have my stitches in, but they are starting to fall out. Most of them are out. Well, when I get an erection, my shaft skin is Tight. It doesn't move. I think I have had a tight circumcision and I don't know what I should do here. Will my medicare cover it to remove the excess skin ?

Am I just freakin' out or is this an legitimate concern? it's been two weeks. The skin of the shaft is nearly to the neck of the head of the penis. I'd say about a short curly hairlength away. Probably less than a cm.

As it heals, Is it going to expand? or is it going to stay tight like that untilI can it fixed?:crying:

Thanks again

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey welciome to the site
    i have had a circucision and if i understand what your saying correctly then its the same for me. however im not too sure if i understand what you mean so i think you should see your gp just to be on the safe side. that is one place you do not want to mess up an operation lol
    good luck and iyt sounds fine to me
    :thumb:
    newbiefl wrote: »
    Hi guys,

First off, I'd like to othank you for having me and in advance to answering my questions. Well, here it goes! I recently got a circumcision, I still have my stitches in, but they are starting to fall out. Most of them are out. Well, when I get an erection, my shaft skin is Tight. It doesn't move. I think I have had a tight circumcision and I don't know what I should do here. Will my medicare cover it to remove the excess skin ?

Am I just freakin' out or is this an legitimate concern? it's been two weeks. The skin of the shaft is nearly to the neck of the head of the penis. I'd say about a short curly hairlength away. Probably less than a cm.

As it heals, Is it going to expand? or is it going to stay tight like that untilI can it fixed?:crying:

Thanks again

I presume that you are from the USA so I can't comment on your Medicare.

However, just remember that 2 weeks is not a long time to have passed for your penis to recover from such a 'traumatic' operation. Give it a few more weeks to settle down but if in any doubt, visit your doctor for peace of mind. :)

Try not to masrurbate, if possible, to let your penis recover fully.
    This is the type of circumcision he did.
    Tight Circumcision
    Surgical methods and preferences for circumcisions produce results varying from the loose, where enough skin may remain to cover all or part of the glans, to the tight, where so much skin is removed that an erection will result in the shaft skin becoming taut , painful and in severe cases will make a full erection impossible .This will clearly also have an adverse effect on the overall length and girth of the erect penis. Men with tight circumcisions often find that foreskin restoration improves both the length and girth of their erections. However, men with very tight circumcisions sometimes find foreskin restoration difficult or impossible.

As a rough guide, if you have an erection and can pull any loose skin forward to cover part of your glans then your circumcision is probably loose. Conversely, if whilst flaccid you are unable to pull any skin forward to cover part of your glans then your circumcision is tight.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_glossary.html
    I also feel pressure right under it. I'm not sure if that's from the stitches or an overall bad circumcision

You guys are right, I should let it heal. But, just in case, I will let the doc know ahead of time so, I'm hoping my insurance can cover it, IF there is something wrong here.:(
    Did he discuss with you about how tightly you wanted to be cut? Usually, the looser method is favoured, where the frenulum is more or less left intact.
    Teagan wrote: »
    Did he discuss with you about how tightly you wanted to be cut? Usually, the looser method is favoured, where the frenulum is more or less left intact.
    He did not at all. I had a discussion with him about doing a dorsal slit, however he strongly insisted that I don't have it done. I went with his suggestion. However, I did not know it was going to be this tight!

I already had my follow up appointment and didn't mention it then. Oh well, I will call as soon as possible. Closed today because of south florida's trpical storm. I feel disapointed in Dr.'s Now. :(
    Hmmmm .... well, that is unfortunate. However, its not the end of the world, but a good doctor should always outline the options. I would imagine that if he has 'botched' it in any way, then either he - or your insurance - ought to put it right.
    Also bear in mind that there may still be some residual swelling causing it to be tight?
    Swelling has gone down a lot actually. It looks normal, but it's still close to the bell of the penis! It would be work to get it cleaned. That's how tight it is.
    I think the common sense suggestion is to try and let it fully recover - skin is very stretchy and it will loosen over time I expect - but if you have any concerns or it is painful then by all means see your doctor for a follow up appointment. Shouldn't you have one a few weeks after surgery anyway? To make sure there's no infection and all that jazz...