Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, so it's been over a week since my bf broke up with me. I cannot stop thinking about him.

He ended the relationship due to not spending enough time with each other, we dated for around 3 weeks.
At the beginning, things was great. We went to cinema, he paid. :) We had a really nice time.
The following week, i went to his house and had tea there. I thought it went great.
The next week he sent me a message saying that we should stay friends as we haven't been spending enough time together.
A few days before that, I was suggesting to meet up on the Sunday but the rugby was on and he wanted to watch it. :/ So i suggested Monday but he was meeting up with his best mate for a games night, I didn't wanna push it so i left it as that. I know he doesn't like clingy girls so I haven't been as full on with the relationship. I told him this and he was like, "yeah I don't like clingy girls but I want to see my gf atleast a few days a week" I said we can spend alot more time together now that I know that, told him I miss him etc but his mind was made up.

We dated a few months ago during College but it didn't work out as I "didn't pay him enough attention"
I told him then that i know his mates don't like me and felt uncomfortable around his friends etc but we remained friends.

So a few months down the line, we decide to give another go and this happens.
I can't stop thinking about him and want to talk to him about getting together again but I don't think I can handle the rejection.

He asked me out the first time, I said yeah. He broke up with me. I asked him back out, he said no.
I asked him back out again and he says yeah.
Then i get dumped.
If he liked me then why would he take me to the cinema? Invite me over to his house for tea? He was dead keen too see me, asking me if i wanted to go to his sisters etc.

I don't get it, i haven't felt this way in a long time.
I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Kimmeh,

It sounds as if he wasnt really keen on the relationship..if he wanted to spend more time with you, then it seems that all he would have to have done was to just ask you.
    I dont think you were doing anything wrong at all, he is the numbskull who just cant be arsed.

its can be a bit hard to forget people, especially if theyve agreed to a relationship for a short while then broke it off for a stupid excuse(so youve got like a taster), but it sounds like he's not really worth it anyways.

Spend some time with your own mates to help you forget about him :)
    good luck!
  • Options
    I know how you feel, i was with a guy for 2 months back in 2004, he ended it. Had a year apart and suddenly got back in touch again, ended up getting back together, this time for over 2 years til he ended it again :(
  • Options
    Ok I may be in the minority here but I don't think 3 weeks of dating is long enough to really get to know your boyfriend, let alone anybody really. I realise you went out a while ago but I feel that he wasn't totally interested in you which is a shame.

I have always believed in getting to know someone first before committing to a relationship. After all, relationships are not just for sex but also spiritually and emotionally. Get the first two feeling good and the sexual side will be more fulfilled. :)

Best,
    Poppi
  • Options
    Ok I may be in the minority here but I don't think 3 weeks of dating is long enough to really get to know your boyfriend, let alone anybody really.

Agreed.

There was a distinct :yeees: look on my face when I read the first post.
  • Options
    When a relationship ends though you grieve the loss not only of the current relationship you had together but also of the hopes and dreams you had of a deeper relationship in the future together.

I don't think how long a couple are together is all that relevant when considering how a break up feels, you can be with someone for ages but be 'over' them very quickly or you could only see someone briefly but it can break your heart.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    When a relationship ends though you grieve the loss not only of the current relationship you had together but also of the hopes and dreams you had of a deeper relationship in the future together.

I don't think how long a couple are together is all that relevant when considering how a break up feels, you can be with someone for ages but be 'over' them very quickly or you could only see someone briefly but it can break your heart.

To me, two dates (as is detailed above) is not a relationship, and doesn't count as people being 'together', but that's just me.
  • Options
    I agree as well - but its probably long enough for him to have realised that the spark thats needed for a relationship just wasn't there and it wasn't worth him persuing it any longer.

I would just notch it up to experience and move onto the next boy - and don't try and read to much into it.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    To me, two dates (as is detailed above) is not a relationship, and doesn't count as people being 'together', but that's just me.

And yet the point of the thread isn't whether other people would call what they had a relationship but how the OP feels about what's happened. I don't think saying 'well it wasn't a real relationship' is going to change how they feel or how upset they are, so it's a bit harsh to judge feelings that way
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Lol, the number of times someone's told everyone I was their "boyfriend", to the extent of adding me to their relationship status on Facebook, after ONE date.. :eek2:
  • Options
    Oh go away Tinkler! Read Jim's comment above, it's relevant to you here as well.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    And yet the point of the thread isn't whether other people would call what they had a relationship but how the OP feels about what's happened. I don't think saying 'well it wasn't a real relationship' is going to change how they feel or how upset they are, so it's a bit harsh to judge feelings that way

Perhaps, but sometimes a reality check is needed, and on this I feel it was. Apologies to the OP if I upset them further.
  • Options
    He's just not that interested. Sometimes you go on dates and you simply dont click together as an item. He clearly isn't as interested in you as you are in him, for whatever reason.

It kinda sucks, but it's better you find out now, than become more emotionally involved and then he goes and breaks your heart.
  • Options
    That's a great signature James :D
  • Options
    I think you should try and move on and find someone that wants you and wants to keep you
  • Options
    yeah to be honest it soun ds lik hes just making excuses because really he doesnt really like you all that much. sorry but thats what it seems. i think its unfair to say "itb wasnt a relationship" as it clearly was. maybe not enitirly boyfriend and girlfrind but as someone else said its about the future aswell not just what you have lost now. if you feel strongly about somone at the start you kind of feel like this could go really fair and if you are feeling this even if thats not the signals hes giving it can still really hurt someone. i think it hurts more to lose someone who you think you could of been so good with than to lose someone you have been with for several months or even years because you both feel you had n future. what i think anyway.