Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

phones in paris

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Probably should be in travel - sorry! But i'm going tomorrow so just wanted a quick answer if possible!

I'm going to paris tomorrow, my friend is also in paris. we both have english mobile phones, will i just be able to call her as i normally would? Or is there something special i'll need to do? Will i need to use the +44?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you will need to use +44 and take the first 0 off of the number. If your calling a number in france then you will need to use +33.

You will need to make sure that you have overseas roaming set up on your phone and that your handset is compatable for use in France (though this is very unlikely to be a problem these days).

You should just be able to turn it on and it should find a local french network however if your having problems then you will need to choose to manually select network on your phone.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    xsazx wrote: »
    mobile to mobile you dont aboard... nor mobile to home it does it for you

This is true - I would call your phone provider to check you have international calling set up though as there are still a few that require you to do it before you get there.
  • Options
    ah thanks! well in majorca i was able to receive calls from the uk so i assume my phone is compatable! if not, there's always pay phones i guess...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The thing to remember is that when you talk on it, both you and whoever you're talking to will be charged for the call -no matter who called whom.