Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor back on Saturday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Will anyone be watching. I love the show especially the bad auditions.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    YEY.....I can't wait! Won't be watching it cos i'm out for my b/f dad's birthday for a meal but i will defo be watching it on itv2 when i get back or on sunday! Mad to think it's started already and it take's you right up til christmas.....:nervous: How quick has this year gone???? It's flew :crazyeyes
    Yay! I love the auditions too, they're the best bit...I tend to lose interest after they're finished but I do always like to know who won.
    The auditions are normally quite fun, because deluded people think they can sing and then get hit with reality.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It won't be the same without Sharon.
    A friend of a friend went to the auditions in Glasgow and got rejected because Simon Cowell said she didn't have a recording voice, my pal Jade and her family went into the audition room afterwards to protest and got told to beat it :thumb:
    i do love x-factor. but i always get annoyed about the screeing process where the producers put shit people through just so that we can laugh at them. that's mean :(

and i will miss sharon. i don't like cheryl cole very much. or dani minogue. :no:
    Joy.
    Awwk I like Cheryl now. Never did before.

Just kinda felt sorry for her when she was put on the spot about that guy. The one she went through the audition process 6 yrs ago I think, when she use to be a nobody. Then he came back to audition again and was knocked back :(

I do agree with the judges, that I just don't think he's got it to be a solo artist as his voice aint strong enough or got any kind of uniqeness to him, but I still felt bad for the guy. And felt bad for Cheryl as well as she was put in an awkward situation.

The rest rocked though :)
    omg hi wrote: »
    i do love x-factor. but i always get annoyed about the screeing process where the producers put shit people through just so that we can laugh at them. that's mean :(

That's half the fun of the whole programme.

I have no feelings of meanness about that. These people put themselves forward to be judged. It's not our fault if they are shit.
    Its the shit auditions that i like to watch!
    I don't like the shit auditions, I feel that very vunerable people are being exploited. They are all pre-auditioned to see if they are 'suitable' for the show, only the very best and the very worst or weird ones get through to the auditions that are screened. It really reminds me of the Victorian Freak Shows where really we get the chance to laugh at people but it's "okay" because they agreed to it.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I don't like the shit auditions, I feel that very vunerable people are being exploited. They are all pre-auditioned to see if they are 'suitable' for the show, only the very best and the very worst or weird ones get through to the auditions that are screened. It really reminds me of the Victorian Freak Shows where really we get the chance to laugh at people but it's "okay" because they agreed to it.

Oh boo hoo.

It is ok, because they did agree to it. Comparing a freak show is like apples and oranges. Freak show types would have been effectively forced into their positions by global rejection. Noone is forced into an x-factor audition.

So, in summary, if you don't like it, stop moaning and don't watch.
    Mist wrote: »
    So, in summary, if you don't like it, stop moaning and don't watch.

If only we could get away from it by simply not watching.
    But the fact that that s**te clogs up the charts every Christmas is pretty annoying now. Where's the fun of guessing what the Christmas number one is gonna be now? It doesn't matter how bad the winning singer is, or how bad the dire song that they are given to cover, it will still be number one at Christmas because the millions of empty heads that watch this dismal excuse for a programme will just download it/buy it because they're like sheep and do what they're told by Mr Cowell.
    That Leon jackson thing was the one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life, yet it takes its place alongside 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and the three Spice Girls epics as 'Christmas Number One', what a joke.
    I wish this programme would just go away. :mad: